Anyone been out for a long time, then for whatever reason went to a meeting or convention? What was it like to you now?

by Think About It 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

I've been out 15 yrs and never attended again. Anyone been out a long time and for whatever reason went to a meeting or convention? What was it like to you then?

Think About It

• designs
    designs

Went to the old CA several years ago...............it was like Moses parting the Waters of the Red Sea

The crowd kind of parts and makes room for you....

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

I remember I felt really nerdy. Like I was in the middle of a LARPing convention.

Everyone was taking something that I considered mythology very, very seriously.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I actually heard the material for the first time. It was awful. Being a born-in you take it all as gospel, it's your first language. Every born-in, raised-in JW owes it to themselves to take a break and then go back and listen to it with fresh ears. I bet that would do it for most witnesses.

Cult Classic

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I actually heard the material for the first time. It was awful. Being a born-in you take it all as gospel, it's your first language. Every born-in, raised-in JW owes it to themselves to take a break and then go back and listen to it with fresh ears. I bet that would do it for most witnesses.

Excellent perspective.

Think About It

• White Dove
    White Dove

Bet it was shockingly awful for you, CC.

I left in 2005 so don't want to try it so soon. Maybe in a few years...or not.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Been out for 3 years. I think if I walked into a DC today I'd get physically sick.

BTS

• designs
    designs

They don't have barf bags, er serve lunches, anymore

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah we left in 06 and went back for a relative's part in 08. The funny thing is when you're still in but waking up you get a sense of how twisted it is. But to go back after a good break is unbearable.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I remember my last DC. Check my thread history. First thread. My wife was literally grabbing my knee so I wouldn't mouth "bullshit" or shake my head in sad disagreement. My God, I hated it the last few years in those never ending conventions. Sickening.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit