Does "God" Exist?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I tend to lean toward Deism - but in the minor, perhaps unconventional sense.

I think that there is something to all the constant reports of supernatural experience. But I don't know what it means. Energy? I think evolutionary theory holds more water than creationism. Still I don't rule out something greater than man, some other dimensions unseen. In fact, I think it counterproductive to assume evolution as a contraindication of unseen life outside our tera-sphere. Could it be possible that other 'evolution' has occured in dimensions we can't sense? I don't know. Could it be that energy could have become alive, evolved? Why not? - we are derived from energy ultimately [since energy and matter are co-existant], why could this not have occured in a dimension we cannot fully sense with our limited earth-bound sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste?

I have ruled out Judeo-Christian, Islamic, type personal god that actually cares about mankind. I have not ruled out that we may have derived from some source we cannot understand [indirectly], or that perhaps we developed independent of that lifeform[s], but with some limited interaction we cannot fully understand.

Probably none of that makes sense. Sorry.

If god is God - he is not the god we always believed him to be.

Jeff

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

min

This is were most people go wrong.

I like the question in the title better.

Does "God" Exist?

Or better yet, how does God Exist? Answering that question is where we need to go.

• upnorth
    upnorth

Instead of trying to define God you should first define existence.

While you're at it explain zero

• changeling
    changeling

No. Whatever is out there, if there's anything out there, is not "God". The term and concept of god and the need to worship it are a human construct.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Gods were a necessary concept within primitive civilizations because of the prevalence of ignorance of the world

they lived in precluded their existence, it gave answers to the many unknowns.

And many embellished stories were told to bring reverence to their great and omniscient gods ( the Bible )

as a way of controlling cultural societies.

• not a captive
    not a captive

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=tribe+that+survived+tsumami&ei=UTF-8&fr=

Maybe we need to learn how to listen. This is an interesting report of a whole people that understood the warning to clear out before the sea got them when that tsunami came about 5 years ago.

for what its worth

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Mini: Does God Exist? Let me ask a few similar questions. Is there a God? What is the evidence for belief in such a being? What is God like? Or, is God a figment of human inspiration? How do we know that such a being might not exist?

These are fundamental questions, and their answers have shaped individual lives, races, and nations throughtout history.

To answer your question leads to many more questions. However, those who defend Christianity and other religions will answer yes to your question.

Those who defend Atheism will answer no!

Then there is the middle ground, Agnosticism.

Blueblades

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Atheist here...

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If you're taking a vote, put me down for a 'Yes'!

Outaservice

• bohm
    bohm

Yes lets settle this question once and for all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit