It's done. I did it. I moved out.

by doublelife 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Good for you. Sounds like you were unhappy and determined to make changes in your life. He will bounce back and be fine.

FWIW........I'd give him the ring back. It will be one less thing he will hold onto to hang over your head. He's probably young and looking at how much money he will possibly save by giving it to someone else. You will have that over him then. Win win for you to give the ring back. Negotiate something else for it if you can. Good luck finding happiness.

Think About It

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow, you did it! Best wishes for a fulfilling life.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"Don't give the ring back, if only to save some poor woman from getting a second hand ring. It sounds like he's trying to get some cheap 2 for 1 deal. That's ok for pizzas, but not for wives. Sorry, but I just think that's pretty freaking low."

LOL @ FF.

Double life, good luck to you. I've never heard of asking for the ring back from a soon to be ex-wife, fiancees yes, wives no. It's your damn ring. You should ask him to give you his ring.

• nelly136
    nelly136

congratulations on your new life

as for facebook jw, you could just let that slide unless your mum brings it up again, then just do the ohhh you mean facebook, nah dont really have much time for that with all the upheaval going on.

the ring....you earned it, its your choice to keep or let him have back, its just a bit of metal

although 'neither' of you are using a solicitor/lawyer it wouldnt hurt to at least have a good ones number handy (as backup) just in case one suddenly apears out of the woodwork on behalf of the soon to be exhubby.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope the best for you. Don't give the ring back, it is yours.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am glad that you took a strong stance for your happiness.

We only have ourselves to blame for whether we are happy in life or not and it takes a strong person to make strong decisions.

WE are all very proud of you.

My our Lord grant you strength and peace and much love in your new life.

As for the ring, what did it symbolise to YOU and how do YOU feel about keeping it?

• Glittercake
    Glittercake

If you're happy with your decision to end your marriage the ring is inconsequential.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Well, I'm glad it went relatively smoothly. I hope you can work out the settlement peacefully, and you both can move on with your lives.

The ring is a gift, thus yours to do with as you see fit: wear it, sell it, give it back, or keep it in a shoebox under the bed. If you want to give it back, fine--but there's no obligation.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Good for you!

when i moved out i was surprised how relaxed i was

BUT please be aware of oncomming danger:

He can change his mind and want more of the split. He can turn nastier than you would imagine. The Jws will help him not you.

do not automatically trust him.

Do get legal advice ASAP. and i mean NOW!

i made ALL the above mistakes, please don't you.

all the best

oz

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I would keep the ring until everything is settled with the assets, and then give it back to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit