Anxious about meeting...

by gutted 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• StAnn
    StAnn

Gutted, why not let "won't be around much longer" begin today? Just a thought.

StAnn

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

You could say this:

"Yeah, I was on the phone hookup for part of his talk. I really enjoyed it. But I got disconnected twice and missed part of it."

If they pry to try and see if you really were, you can reply with this:

"my favorite part was when he was discussing staying close to jehovah. The way he mentioned the last days really brought it home. I like his way of motivating the friends."

That's in all talks that all CO's give. So you are covered either way.

-mentallyfree31-

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Hey gutted, I will admit my responses take sass and attitude to pull off. Maybe just reply that you were busy, and do not give anything else. Growing up a friend's mom, if she was being persistently questioned and had given all she was going to give in the way of an answer would say in this situation- "I said that I was busy, now that is the end of the matter!" And would say nothing else, and she is a soft spoken meek JW, but you knew she meant business.

• LostnFound
    LostnFound

When people used to say "oh, we've missed you- have you been sick, are you ok, is everything in your life ok?"

I would just simply answer "Yes, thank you for your concern". Then I would ask them how they are, or what's new with them. The conversation was always stopped being about me after that.

I was never asked directly where I was but I think I would have answered "I wasn't able to make it to the meeting, thanks for your concern". And then ask them how they are, and that should deflect the heat- because people love talking about themselves.

Good luck, I know I would personally dread going back because of all the questions. Just be vague and polite, and ask them something and you should be ok!

• peaches
    peaches

tell them you just felt burnt out...you needed to get away....sorry it was when the co's visit was here....don't you just hate this being human crap...

so,,,what did i miss???? did anyone tape the talk???...ect ect....

• moshe
    moshe

Gutted- three weeks ago you posted, what I hate about missing the meetings, or something to that effect and now you are scared to go to the KH, because the JW friends, that you miss seeing at the meetings, are going to give you the third degree on your lack of meeting attendance.

Just suck it up and tell the truth or just don't go back at all to the KH. Those are your best options, as I see it. For the life of me, I don't see why you aren't running down the beach, laughing and yelling, "free at last, hooray, no more Kingdumb hall meetings for me ever again!!"

You also seem to be confused as to what you are legally required to do in regards to the WatchTower religion. Pretend that those books and magazines are just Amway cleaning products manufactured at Corporate headquarters and shipped to a local distributer ( like the KH). You go to them, attend meetings and distribute the products. You are free to leave anytime you choose. Unfortunately the products the KH pushes out in field service don't have a "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back", label on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit