Have you ever noticed how similar the Society is to a Multi-Level Marketing Business?

by SAHARA 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I joined one for a year after leaving Bethel in the early 80s, partly due to a friend and partly because I wanted tyo see how close they were to cults. If you really want to make it $$$$ in these groups, you have to be just like a cult leader with your handling of facts and truth and enthusiasm. A lot of brothers left Bethel to try these out for awhile, since we were naturals for it! :-))

You never make money off the product, you do it by convincing others that they can and put on seminars, write books, etc. and there is your money.

Randy

PS Lost the $1000 I invested like 99.9% of the suckers, but I guess it was worth it to learn the lesson. I COULD have made money, but I would feel like I was just joining another cult! The average lifespan of these groups is about 5 years, due to how the cycle of operation works. Amway and a few others are exceptions.

Randy

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

Dogpatch said - "You never make money off the product, you do it by convincing others that they can and put on seminars, write books, etc. and there is your money."

You're exactly right about that Randy. I would never trust any MLM no matter what it is simply because no matter how good the product may be, and some of them are pretty good, the marketing concept in general is seriously flawed. One other thing I forgot to mention on my original post, these MLM groups also are very good at creating a sence or urgency by promoting new products or twists to current products that get the rank and file wired up and motivated all over again and again as if they just joined the MLM. Similar to the new books and special publications the Watchtower releases and promote at their conventions...

• jam
    jam

Afew years back after I was no longer A JW, I got involve with A JW and his marriage problems, he wanted to

leave his wife for A younger woman. I thought what a strange situation since I was no longer A JW.To make A long

story short. Over the years I have been involve in several MLM business, from Amway thru Legal .com..

He was involve in some crazy MLM business so he convince me to go to one of the meeting.To my surprise, over

70% of those in attendance where JW,s some Elders..Strange there was no problem greeting me and shaking my hand.

That same group of Brothers have been involve in several get quick scams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit