Disfellowshipping an 80 year old man, with brain cancer, for swearing!

by James_Slash 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary

I was constantly getting my ass hauled in the back room for swearing (which shouldn't surprise anyone on here ) but no one ever mentioned anything to me about possibly getting DF'd over it.

However, as we all know, the rules vary from congregation to congregation and it is certainly feasible that someone can get DF'd in one congregation for some imagined wrong-doing, and someone in another congregation would get nothing or at the most, private reproof for the same offense.

I remember Gumby telling me a couple of years ago that an elder he knew in some congregation in Arizona, wanted to DF this one woman because she was always swearing and spitting on everyone and they (of course) assumed she was possessed by demunz. I remember telling him to tell the dumb-ass elder that she almost certainly has Tourette Syndrome and that instead of DFing her for running with Satan, maybe someone should take her to the doctors to get some medication for crissakes.

• Violia
    Violia

There is more to that story , however I know of a similar one. An elder in his 80's ( nerarly 90) whose wife had died and he was still grieving and began to feel he got special messages of new understanding from God. He told others about this as this as anytime anyone would visit he'd talk about it. They threatened to DF him for apostacy if he did stop. He died not too long after this, from a stroke. He'd probably already had one anyohow

STUPID HEARTLESS BAST*RDS

• dissed
    dissed

I knew Bethel Elders with swearing problems, even a GB member had that problem.

The course of action to assist was usually ignore it and let the person grow on their own to overcome it. If someone came to us with a claim, we usually 'counseled' that one for disclosing it as a gossiper.

We had one particular JW at WT Farms who cused up a storm. He was a long timer and a dept. Overseer, but was not even a MS because of his problem. He said one day, Lon Schilling had approached him, admonishing him to stop it, because it was stumbling new boys. lol

His response to us, his crew, to the counsel. "That SOB Lon counseled ME not to swear about F**king new boys. That SOB has to be Sh***ing me!"

He droped our jaws with his outbursts. But the need for a JC? Not very likely.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I posted this topic about 4 years ago about Sister M who was disfellowshipped back in the early 60's for preferring the King James over the New World Translation. She was well into her 80's and I just loved her. I was devastated when they read the announcement, but went along with it because I thought it was the right thing to do.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/92013/1/The-DFing-of-Sister-M

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

I remember an Elder in the same congregation telling me once that any wrongdoing could be a disfellowshipping offence - if repentance isn't shown.

• designs
    designs

This is what happens with untrained Elders with brains the size of walnuts.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When I was a teen, a JW friend's dad was a MS. When I was at thier house, he said, "shit". I talked to my friend about it later, she must have went back to him and told on me, because he made a point of letting me know that 'shit' wasn't a cuss word, it was something that everyone did.

lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The fear of Df'ing runs very deeply. It is a powerful tool. The most powerful tool in their arsenal.

I recall a sister with whom I pioneered in the early 70's. We were discussing suicide one day in the car while waiting on someone making a call. Though she admitted depression, and that suicide had been something she had thought of at times [though not with serious intent], her primary 'reason' for avoiding that course was: She feared being disfellowshipped post-mortem for so doing.

Do these bastards have a tight grip on their slave force, or what?

Jeff

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You can get disfellowshipped just for swearing? Yet, you cannot get disfellowshipped for molesting a child, unless there is a second witness to the event.

• peaches
    peaches

heart felt saddness over reading the above experiences....fuc*** up elders....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit