How come nobody told me about volume 7?!

by wannabefree 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

What the hell?

I started reading CoC a couple of weeks ago whenever I get a chane to hide out, I'm into chapter 7, great information.

Last night I decided to listed to a couple of mp3's I found at freeminds.

If I wasn't sure already, they put the nails in the Watchtower's coffin, especially Gregerson's expose on his study. Similarly as Gregorson, I too set out to try and boost my faith and prove to myself that I had "the Truth". I was confident that I would!

A few weeks ago I was noticing at the Kingdom Hall, which has many of the old books, that volume 7 of Studies in the Scriptures was not there. The CBE walked into the library so I asked, where's volume 7? He shrugged his shoulders.

Is it true the Publishing Corp. (aka Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc.) recalled that book from KH libraries?

If you haven't listened to these, please do!

Peter Gregerson

Ed Dunlap 1

Ed Dunlap 2

• yknot
    yknot

Not in mine.......we have volume 7, 1917 edition- uncut.

I am probably the only one has handled the book since we moved into the building (before that too) ..... I love that book!

I sit in the library when I feel the most vunerable......knowing those books support everything I know to be true, in black and white uncorrupted.

• designs
    designs

I have two editions. One uncut and one with the controversial pages cut out. My grandfather was arrested by the Feds for distributing the book.

Most Witnesses know the history of the Society through the Proclaimers Book and as usual it is a rewrite of the actual history.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

My former KH only had 3 volumes of Studies in the Scriptures. After I woke up and was still attending, it was a favorite pastime to slip into the library and read about the Pyramids being "God's Stone Witness"..

LOL

-mentallyfree31-

• designs
    designs

They aren't the Stone Witness omygawd!!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think I'm a little late to the party but can someone explain the significance of "Studies in the Scriptures - Volume 7"? Thanks.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Heaven - download the Gregerson audio link, it explains "the truth" that Watchtower was teaching in 1918 1919 when they were selected as the FDS because they were providing food at the proper time.

• designs
    designs

Heaven,

The Bible Students under Russell underwent some drastic changes in the early 1900s through 1916. Russell dropped his eariler ideas about the New Covenant as he endorsed Dispensationalism, this caused the first and real split in the group around 1906 and today you have a New Covenant Bible Student assoc and those with Russell's views. Armageddon became a synonymous word for the Last Days, ongoing without definite end (sound familiar). Woodworth and the others who wrote the 7th Vol. used a collection of Russell's notes plus their own ideas.

Several Bible Student websites have the Volumes online to read.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's a Bible Student's (Russellites) library online. http://www.biblestudents.net/library/

• Heaven
    Heaven

wannabefree... have now downloaded the Gregerson audio link. Will listen to it later when I get some time. Thanks!

designs... thank you for the synopsis. I am vaguely aware of some issues back then but not with any great detail. I also know that most JWs today have no clue about these types of things. I am certain my Dad has no clue (he was baptized in 1986). When I was a teen, my Mom said something about the Watchtower being called Bible Students. She made it sound like they renamed themselves and didn't talk about the schisms occurring. I was left with the impression that something didn't add up there. I suspect she wasn't aware or if she was, she didn't want to reveal it because it would have been damning. When I get some time I will try to research more at the Bible Students sites. Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit