one flock, one shepard

by make yourself 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• make yourself
    make yourself

did anyone else notice that in the watchtower its bringing out jesus is the mediator only for the 144,00. And where did they get it that Jesus didn't partake of the emblems?!?! It's crazy how true that scripture is that states that satan blinds the minds of the unbelievers. But what I don't understand is do you think the governing body is doing this type of stuff like putting stuff in the watchtower like this on purpose since they have the issues only for members of the congregration?

me thinks they turned up the control radar.....

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

What article is this?

-mentallyfree31-

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

“What, then, is Christ's role in this program of salvation? Paul proceeds to say: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men [not, all men], a man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."-1 Tim. 2:5, 6.” (The Watchtower, November 15th, 1979, Benefiting From “One Mediator Between God and Men". Full article pp. 21-27, emphasis added).

• make yourself
    make yourself

it is the march 15,2010 magazine in the one flock, one shepherd study. paragraph 13.

• tec
    tec

Sneaky.

Note that they don't say [not, some men] either. Because that's implied.

Tammy

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

I curious if they are still using the (not, all men) insertion into this scripture. If they are, they're even misquoting their own bible! I looked up other translations and all it says in that there is one mediator between God and men, a man Jesus Christ... all slight variations but nonetheless the same. There is no translation where it says (not, all men). Not even in the NWT:

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,

• teel
    teel

They just put that [not, all men] in the article, not in the Bible, to explain why this verse can't be used to say Jesus is not only a small group's mediator. As tec said it, it's just BS, the verse didn't say "some men" either, so why should we conclude that it's not "all men"? They twist the scriptures whatever way they have to to strengthen their positions as leaders.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Cool thread!

The clues are in the text :)

1 Timothy 2 (English Standard Version)

Pray for All People
    1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 ( who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. Blessings, Stephen

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

Ahh I get it now. They haven't taken anything away from or added to the Bible. They just changed the scripture in the magazines. Very clever! And how many people will actually look UP the scripture and read everything around it? Those that do will probably think "wait a second, that's not what it says".

That was me

• JeffT
    JeffT

Evidently when the Bible looks like it is saying something to everybody, it is really only talking about a certain group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit