Found another NWT lie! Romans 6:23 - Wages sin pays is death

by Robert7 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Though I don't think any translation can be perfect, I've seen enough minor word insertions or one-word tweaks that change the meaning of the scriptures in the NWT to know for sure that it can't be trusted to accurately render the original Greek. I stopped using it at a certain point except for specific reasons.

--sd-7

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

sd-7 said: "I've seen enough minor word insertions or one-word tweaks that change the meaning of the scriptures in the NWT to know for sure that it can't be trusted."

I know what you mean. There are features that I like in the NWT, e.g. the general literalness or word-for-wordiness (?, I coined that phrase in a happifying moment.) But like you said, there are tweaks and such that have since forced me not to trust it. Now I always have to check behind to make sure. One I particularly dislike is "gifts in men" in Eph 4:8. That is a self-serving rendering if ever there was one. This one also taught me that the footnotes in the reference version cannot be fully trusted either.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The NWT is so subtle and incredibly insidiuious!

This seemingly minor and palatable change supports the WT doctrine that death pays for one's sin and is totally false.

It runs hand in hand with everything else the WT preaches to keep JWs away from the atoning blood of Jesus.

Christ is the sacrifice, "once for al"l who believe and take the free gift Hebrews 10

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen xx

• designs
    designs

Be sure and get it right kids, other wise its Roasta-Dora time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit