CO visit reviews new "Generation" change today...

by Soldier77 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• inbetween
    inbetween

I see most will swallow it hook, line and sinker, being thankful for new lite....

Maybe we can ask some (those who try to think for themselves)

"ok, just imagine, 20 years ago another religion would have explained the definition of the generation with this overlapping idea, how would you have reacted ?"

Most likely every witness would have made fun of this nonsense. back then, a generation was 70 max. 80 years, thats it, end impending...

Thinking about this may reveal, how stupid the new teaching really is...

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

It just keeps getting better:

I sat for SIX hours with an 'anointed one' talking and talking and talking today. They didn't even KNOW about "Generations"

Yeah, you read that right..............some loser like me was teaching a member of the "faithful and discreet slaves" about his own teaching......

I just sat there staggered for hours.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thankfully this new light comes from one and only solemn organization guided by god's holy spirit.

What do you suppose they will come up with when two generations have pasted, say a hundred years from now

and the overlapping generation policy wont hold any weight ?

My guess is they will finally drop the significance of 1914 all together as the beginning of Christ's presence .

Rework some new light, maybe reforming into a new religion all together with a new name to identify themselves with.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, now that they have effectively extended "a generation" by 120 years, they are telling us that it means more so that it is closer than ever. Didn't they just push the date back 120 years? How can it be closer if they push the date back that much?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i believe jesus meant the generation of his audience in the 1st century. jws just need to accept the fact that they are going to grow old and die just like the previous 1000 generations.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To the extent that he existed and said the things the Bible says he said at all, I believe you're correct, jehovahsheep.

The apathy of the rank and file Dub is overwhelming. They don't REALLY accept this teaching as TRUE. They accept it as THE CURRENT TEACHING on a historically FLUID DOCTRINE and they don't see just how important it is. Most Dubs don't even see the 1914 doctrine as important even though the authority that RULES THEIR LIVES rests upon it. It just isn't important to them. Here is the Dub thought process:

-I want to live forever in paradise on earth.

-This requires I be a JW.

-I will do whatever is necessary (but not a whole lot more) to remain a JW in case Armageddon comes in my lifetime.

And that's just about it for the vast majority of JWs.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i agree-in doing so they do not serve christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit