CHUMP?

by gilwarrior 9 Replies latest social relationships

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Well tonight I went out with my lady friend, Janie. (She is not the girl that I recently lost my virginity to. That is another special lady.) As the weeks go by I find myself falling in love with her more and more. However, while we where talking, she started crying, because she is still getting over her ex-boyfriend leaving her. I want to tell her that I love her, but I feel that she will want to go back to her ex-boyfriend and I will end up looking like a chump. She is also 43 years old. I am 28. So I don't know if this relationship has any future. What to do?

• butalbee
    butalbee

You said it yourself----CHUMP!!!!

• LB
    LB

Well I suppose that age difference can work. My buddy has a wife that is 21 years older than him. But he's 48 now. The new system didn't show up in time. Now he pushes her around in a wheelchair and she is needing help with baths and toliet issues. Pretty rough.

Slow down gil, you don't need to fall in love right away. The right one shows up when you aren't looking, but be prepared.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Prisca
    Prisca

There's no point getting into a relationship with anyone unless they are emotionally ready for it. She isn't - yet. There are obviously issues she needs to sort out before she can involve herself with someone else.

It's quite possible that she sees you as "just a friend". That's why she was able to open up to you, show her vulnerability, without fear that it will affect a possible relationship.

My advice is look at her as a friend, but don't get your hopes up.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

blah, women suck to begin with let alone one who is emotionaly unstable.

age doesn't matter though.

• SYN
    SYN

Older women rock!

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• cellomould
    cellomould

You're no chump if you realize 'love' is not love at all, but a sensation we get when it's time to F#@*!

Give her the time she needs, slip her ole Eager Eddie, and then tell us how you feel afterward.

cello the ass smacker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Remember the knights in Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
    "Run Away! Run Away! Run Away!"

My experience with older women is this: They are very talented in certain [ahem] areas, so have fun with them, but don't get in a relationship.

• JanH
    JanH

gil,

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. It's hard enough getting any relationship to work. If she's not thru with past relationships, it'll be hell. The age difference may not be a big issue, but it is one added concern for sure.

Ah, if only anyone knew how to easily fall out of love...

Bea,

Agree with you

- Jan
    --

• Sky
    Sky

well syn... do I count as an older woman???;)
    Sky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit