Has Eternal Life become a carrot?

by I_love_Jeff 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

In the Insight on the Scriptures Volume 2 pages 248-249 the Society says, "So with obedient mankind, when man's last enemy, death, is brought to nothing, there will be no sin working in their bodies to bring death. To time indefinite they will not need to die."

The Insight on the Scriptures vol 2, page 1102 -what time indefinite can mean, "However, the Hebrew expression 'ohlam' does not in itself mean "forever". It often refers to things that have an end, but the period of such things' existence can be said to be 'to time indefinite' because the time of their end is not then specified."

So even after the 1,000 years are over, Jehovah's Witnesses will remain mortal. They will always remain able to die if they are not obedient????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Has Eternal Life become a carrot?

It`s Always been a WBT$ Carrot..BUT..

.............THE WBT$ DOESN`T TELL YOU..

WHERE THEY`RE GOING TO PUT THE CARROT..

.....Image result for prostate exam..............Image result for CARROT

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie has used the "carrot" analogy for years; whether the WTS is encouraging using everlasting life on a paradise earth for non-jws or keeping current jws in.
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've asked JWs about how long they would really like to live. Their natural first response is,"forever. Forever in a paradise earth."

Then I get ridiculous and ask them, "Forever? I can see living for another 100 years, watching the earth change into a paradise, taming the animals,etc. But what about 500 years out? What is going to keep you interested then - especially since there will be no need for sex as the world will surely have been filled to capacity by then. What about 1000 years later - one hundred thousand years? Hey, what about a million or a billion years? Forever is a long time to do the same things over and over again."

I point out that all things that live must die. The ancient redwood trees in California and the Pacific Northwest are literally thousands of years old (guess they never "sinned before god.") And yet they all do die at some point. Thousands of entire families of creatures (supposedly created by Jehovah) lasted for millions of years as a species, but not as individuals - have died and completely disappeared. Even stars and galaxies have met their doom.

So I ask them: "Does everlasting life really mean living 'forever'?

JV

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

BTW - the same argument above would apply to those "anointed" who become part of the 144,000. Rule over the earth? For why? If everyone is perfect and without sin and busy, busy, busy doing good things, where do they come in and why does it take 144,000 of them - especially if they all speak with one voice and are under the direction of Jesus and Jehovah?

The logic escapes me...

JV

• prologos
    prologos
    only if you are ass , er, I mean donkey. RNW (grey)T. or a mule, not able to reproduce in the nw paradise.
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Yes, internal life is the carrot, as Blondie and others have mentioned here for many years.

But why the need for such a carrot? Why?

Isn't it because our lives seem empty of life, and so we seek life in some make-believe future imaginings?

Why are we so empty and always seeking? Why look outside ourselves for the fulfillment we yearn for when all we will ever have is what we are?

Because we focus our attention (which is the only thing we have to give) on empty thoughts, concepts and beliefs created within the mind -- and completely ignore the actual present reality of life in and around us.

We all breath, yet few people actually take a moment of acute conscious presence to feel and sense the vibrant embrace and aliveness of breathing and so come to genuinely know what it is to breath. The very same dynamics unfolds for the rest of life.

Being ignorant and numb to the always available presence of life within us, we seek a surrogate, a carrot, a hope of life in another time and place.

The Life within is bottomless and infinitely beyond all thought. But you have to actually look and see, to see; and to know what you truly are.

Few look. Most seek in dreams.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has told Brother Wilson many times that the end is coming soon.

He always says Thank You for that information

• prologos
    prologos
    since the 'now' is so fleeting, zero length, in fact we have to look for the future, and having a carrot there is appealing, it makes you haste along, when you should be savouring the moment. Ladies seem to be wiser, they are always late, let their husbands wait. what is the hurry?, it is better to travel than? then? to arrive! the wt carrot is only visual, now on tv, the internet. viewers beware, wt has never delivered anything tangible. .
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yes it has become a carrot you can sit on because it is so full of shit that's where it belongs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit