Shot in the ministry

by dearone 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dearone
    dearone

Subject: 18 year old Witness shot while on the Ministry

Dear Brothers & Sisters,

I'm sure most of you are aware of the tragic death of 18 year old
    Brother Lenford Morris age 18 whose funeral was held yesterday.

He was shot while on the ministry.

This is an extract from an email I received yesterday from
    a long time member of this group and a faithful sister:

"Dear Steve,

If you have not already heard the sad news, one of our young brothers
    was killed last week, May 5th, when multiple shots rang out and he was
    hit by a stray bullet while out in field service.

18 yr old Lenford Morris, collapsed into his mothers arms after being
    shot in the back. As shots were fired he rushed to his mother and his
    sister telling them to get down!

Lenny, his mother and sister had just finished with a Bible
    study and were leaving the residence when this horrible situation
    occurred. This situation could have been so much worse had not a
    car blocked other rounds.

The car was hit by 3 other bullets in the front of the car, while
    sisters were in the back loading the trunk. The family stood firm on
    the issue of no blood and the hospital team respected their wishes
    and worked diligently to save Lenny with cell saver technology,
    however, the injury was just too severe.

The family is very close to us. I studied with the father, who is now
    a dedicated brother, and Pam studied with the mother to help her
    revitalize herself spiritually..."

Thank you Wanda for sending me this.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Tragic story, but one too often repeated in the cities of the country. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but how do JW's relate this tragedy to having anything to do with being a JW out in the field ministry? Hundreds of people are innocent victims of drive-by shootings every year...they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. To use this tragedy as a testimony to the flawed blood doctrine of the WTS seems a bit self-serving on the part of JW's.

• blondie
    blondie

By Rob Krieger
    Source: WBRZ
    Updated: May 6, 2010 8:40 PM

Lenford "Lenny" Morris was just days away from graduating high school when he was caught in the crossfire and killed on Madison Avenue in North Baton Rouge. Police say the shooter pulled the trigger while chasing after another man at the same moment Lenny was leaving a bible study with his mother.

"To die faithfully that way is actually something that makes me very proud," said his stepfather William Johnson. "I'm not happy that he's not with me today, but it makes me proud that he died in a way that brings honor to his creator."

Morris and his family were Jehovah's Witnesses. His stepfather says he and his mother were spreading their faith to a woman in the neighborhood.

Thursday police actively patrolled the neighborhood looking for any leads that could help them catch the trigger-man in the murder.

If you have information contact the Baton Rouge Police Department

http://www.wbrz.com/news/teen-died-following-his-faith/

He wasn't directly shot because he was going door to door....he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all jws believe, don't they? It is still sad.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/93044274.html?showAll=y&c=y

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

...he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all jws believe, don't they?

Nicely said Blondie!

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

No matter what you think of the JW's this sucks. A young man trying to do the right thing and not out causing trouble get's shot in the back. I feel sorry for him and his family, he looked like a nice kid.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The family stood firm on the issue of no blood and the hospital team respected their wishes
    and worked diligently to save Lenny with cell saver technology, however, the injury was just too severe

Would a blood transfusion have made a difference? We'll never know.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What with the lad from Smethwick U K who was killed by a car mounting the pavement, The Ministry is getting hazardous

• StAnn
    StAnn

Very tragic. Seems like we hear a story like this at least once a week these days. I'm sure the family is devastated to lose their son. My prayers will be with the family.

On a side note, since I'm a Christian now, I always wonder what JWs think when they die and wake up in the afterlife.

StAnn

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

This story is sad. Too bad the JWs always try to use things like this as a 'witness' - and don't grieve properly.

"On a side note, since I'm a Christian now, I always wonder what JWs think when they die and wake up in the afterlife."

I'll tell you what they think... my aunt lived to be 95 years old before she passed on. She was a Mormon (not a JW), and she claimed to be able to 'see' those who had passed on - claiming that they would come her while she sat in her chair - as they passed on.

Well, I would politely listen - as I was a bit skeptical of her claimed abilities - but at the same time I always try to keep an open mind.

It wsn't until after my mother (who was a devout JW - and believed 100% in the resurrection - and when you're dead - youre dead) passed on that I began to believe that maybe my dear aunt might be on to something.

She told me once - after my mother passed, that she had seen her. She appeared to my aunt. Only - according to my aunt, she was looking around - confused-like. Not sure of where she was, perhaps? My aunt said that she called out to her, "Dexxxx?", after which, she disappeared.

So... I believe that we go somewhere after we pass on... and my mom didn't. She was a bit puzzled when she 'awoke' in the afterlife. It wasn't quite wha she was expecting - hence the confusion that my aunt saw.

You don't have to believe this... that's part of living - choosing what we believe - and what we don't.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Gregor
    Gregor

On a side note, since I'm a Christian now, I always wonder what JWs think when they die and wake up in the afterlife.

A more interesting question would be what happens when they die and don't wake up to anything?

Just a note: One "wakes up" from sleeping or a state of unconsciousness. When one 'dies' they are Dead as in "dead as a doornail" . Fantasies that people wake up from death are mental masturbation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit