Is the Tide Turning For the Watchtower Organization? What Do You Think?

by mentallyfree31 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Bangalore, you are spot on! It is THE foundational doctrine for JWs. Without it, they aren't 'The Chosen' and therefore, they aren't 'The Truth'.

• wobble
    wobble

1914 is impossible for the GB to discard, otherwise there is no choosing of their forerunners in 1919 and therefore they today are not who they say they are, have no right to speak for God, and should go out and, heaven forbid, get a job !

They will, more and more , I believe just present it as a fact without proof, a given, and the Dubs will swallow it.

Being tied to 1914 is more of a problem in future decades, for now they have bought some more time with the preposterous "Noo Lite" , but they rightly have a very low opinion of the ability of the average Dub to look at this, or any of the other wacky teachings, using Critical Thinking skills.

DumbDubs will drink down whatever sewage water comes out of the writing dept. and believe it is pure water of truth, sad.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

2014 will be an intersting year for JW's.100 years of kingdom rule.

Bangalore

• freddo
    freddo

I think dropping the group study has bought them time. So much pressure off the dubs by doing this.

Think about the average western world congregation of say 80 publishers with 8 elders.

Elders - no one has to conduct a group anymore - just 25 mins at the KH in a mini WT style study in a meeting that is no longer overall than it was. Take the field ministry twice a month and train your asst to to take it every other time.

Let's say you don't beleive it and you're one of the "in for family and social" types. What do you need to do to stay in "good standing"?

Be visible; enough will be:- go to 5 meetings plus per month. (not feeling well or "visiting away" takes care of the other three) Answer twice a month. Do a ministry school item every few months. Go in the ministry twice a month and report 5/6 hours (actually do about 2 hours tops).

The WT will do just enough to keep people coming and a 2/3% increase shown (not actual, just shown).

In ten years I predict shorter WT study, reduced Pio Hours and less literature. Sadly unless there is schism the hardline treatment of d/f will be continued.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Yes they are still pushing 1914 -- and yes science has found that there is an inbred need to worship ---- something---- so be it wrongful worship or sideways worship - its still some kind of worship... I think that's what keeps most in the truth because - "there is no better place to go"... so no one worries about anything changing as long as they keep their "faith" - to lose their faith is very demoralizing, to know you have given your life to something untrue - I know a lot have done it but it seems more don't want to do it -- leave that is--- until they really get a slap in the face, then maybe...........

Skewing numbers can be a big issue as well - I know in this part of the woods people are not disfellowshipped as much as they were, that in inself would keep numbers up as the elders are negligent or slow to act on an issue, hence, no drop in those who are inactive, immoral or deliquent in their service duties..no doubt, as the KM has stopped reporting numbers and only gives a highlight of a service month, so too, the annual numbers will have to cease being published, then any number crunch will be accepted without question cause no one but the elite will know what is actually going on... wonder they havent done that yet..

TL

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The WTS has too many loyal members and too much money to disappear. There will be those who see though all the WTS smoke screens, but the BORG will still survive.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Thanks - all of you - for your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit