Tragic

by zzaphod 16 Replies latest jw friends

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1279252/Jehovahs-Witness-15-dies-refusing-blood-following-crash.html

Joshua McAuley

Tragic: Joshua McAuley survived a car crash but died after refusing a blood transfusion because of his faith

A schoolboy died after refusing a blood transfusion following a car crash because he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Joshua McAuley, 15, suffered life-threatening injuries to his legs and abdomen after being pinned against a shop front by an out-of-control car as he went to buy sweets.

He survived the crash in Smethwick, West Midlands, and remained conscious, but lost a massive amount of blood and was airlifted to hospital for a transfusion.

But Joshua died six hours later, after he refused to consent to the operation because of his faith, church representatives said.

Under medical law, doctors are required to decide whether a child under 16 is
    competent enough to consent to or refuse medical treatment without the need for parental permission or knowledge.

Sources at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust suggested doctors followed this law, known as the Gillick competence test, before deciding Joshua was able to make his own decision.

It is unclear whether either of the boys’ parents were at the hospital at the time.

Last night members of his congregation described how he told doctors ‘no blood, no
    blood, no blood’ after he was flown to Selly Oak Hospital, in Birmingham.

As a Jehovah’s Witness from a devout family, Joshua followed the belief that blood is sacred and transfusions are prohibited by the Bible.

Hospital staff are thought to have begged the teenager to change his mind, but he
    refused.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Never mind some JW today will pray for a new dress & a pair of shoes & good ole Jah will 'bless' them with their hearts desire, while ignoring the cries of the truly desperate.

Truly tragic.

Hoab

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

Didn`t realise this has been posted already on the Blood Topics, still saves you clicking.

Regards

Paul UK

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

How sad. And who’s to know that in a few years, he may have decided that the JWs were false and would never have considered refusing blood?

Another martyr to the JW blood doctrine.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I wonder if jw parents would knock this s*&% off if they had to spend the rest of their lives in prison for murder??

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great point, awildflower. Something needs to be done. If a grownup wants to waste 80 years of their life on this crap that's up to them but to kill your own children with such a barbaric and hateful rule should have consequences beyond "well done brother and sister Childkiller; Jehovah will bless your family for this."

• nelly136
    nelly136

i doubt it would stop them, they could just add persecution to the brownie points.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It may not stop all of them but it would stop some of them. And for those with multiple children it would stop them from doing it more than once.

I feel like however much blood that young man lost should be drained from Ted Jaracz and poured out on the ground. He needs to experience how it feels, the smug, self-righteous PoS.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I would be fine if they used the whole "we are being persecuted" thing as long as it was said from behind bars. They'd have to sit in there and feel that "sacrifice". Give it a couple years and they'd be hating it, and maybe start to think about their children's sacrifice of death for this cult. And as long as their behind bars, we'd hear very little from them. The laws need to change. I'll bet a parent would think twice about making their child die a martyr if it was going to inconvenience them.

• awildflower
    awildflower

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/13/son-dies-slowly-as-parents-pray/

I'm watching this on tv right now. The parent are on trial for their sons death because of it. Why can't the same thing happen with jw's or has it and I don't know?? This is truly sad what this kid went through, but sounds awfully familiar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit