UK Newspaper articles. Young JW death re 'no blood'

by ThomasCovenant 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Why are cults allowed to exist?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Tragic.....R I P ..I do not know him but I I know a load of bright eyed cheerful Witness kids and I am sure he was typical of them all .

As for the ramifications of the accident? Assuming that the driver is held liable then I bet the dubs are hoping that he is just charged with "Dangerous Driving" rather than "Causing Death by Dangerous Driving" - the legal argument about the boy's choice of treatment could get a lot of publicity .

Incidentally, this may be a very important point to consider :

It was not clear yesterday if a transfusion would have saved Josh.
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento
    misrepresenting medical facts to promote a deathly doctrine (in this case to a minor child) should be a criminal offense with jail-time for those responsible - parents included.

You know I agree with you Bro, but only to an extent and this is why:

As a parent it would take a LOT more than the WT to tell me NOT to save my child if she was dying.

The WT is highly cupable ( is that the word?) yes, but so are the parents and it can't even begin to understand hwo ANY parent would allow this and not study the freaking hell out of the matter.

I still can't understand how MY parents and older sister have been so brainwashed, I really can't.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Is this what the members of the Governing Body want? Needless deaths? What are they going to say to God and Jesus when they die? "Look, we allowed all these people to die for you, God! For you! Aren't we grand?"

They should be extremely ashamed of themselves for allowing this unBiblical doctrine to continue.

• nelly136
  • nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/black-country/black-country-news/2010/06/05/new-post-mortem-to-be-carried-out-on-joshua-mcauley-after-cape-hill-car-terror-97319-26592091/

New post mortem to be carried out on Joshua McAuley after Cape Hill car terror

june 5 2010 by Chris Henwood Birmingham Mail

Joshua McAuley, aged 15, was airlifted to Selly Oak Hospital with major injuries after a car left the road and pinned him to a shop in Cape Hill on Saturday, May 13.

The teenage preacher from the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Smethwick died later the same day and is believed to have refused a blood transfusion because of his religious beliefs. Friends said the student at Shireland Collegiate Academy, in Smethwick, always carried a "No Blood" card warning doctors against carrying out transfusions in emergencies.

An initial post-mortem examination was carried out later in the week by a Home Office pathologist.

However, a second post-mortem examination was expected to be carried out this week, with the results heading to the office of Black Country coroner Robin Balmain. It is unclear why the new examination was needed, but the case could be opened next week. Clive Parker, a Kingdom Hall elder, said Joshua was conscious after the incident and "made a stand on the blood issue".

A spokesman for Selly Oak Hospital said he could not comment on the individual case, but described the issue as an "extraordinarily complex area" with no set rules.

Fellow preacher Damian Brown, aged 32, from Erdington, who suffered leg injuries in the accident said he was amazed Joshua had not been killed instantly when he was crushed against Saya International Foods shop.

A 24-year-old woman, also a member of Kingdom Hall, was with the pair and was also badly injured in the crash.

Damian, who had known Joshua for around two years, said: "I must have turned maybe as a reaction, and ended up on a pile of boxes and shop debris. Joshua was in the doorway and didn’t have anywhere to go."

A 28-year-old man from Winson Green was arrested and bailed.

• designs
    designs

As an Elder, parent and son I had to deal with this doctrine. A young mother died in childbirth on my watch, a young boy in our Hall was put under protective custody in the Hospital, it saved his life, my daughter was born with a hole in her lung and needed emergency medical care, and my father, who had become a baptized Witness in his older years died from the consequences of blood loss.

What trauma it has caused, and all of those precious lives lost.

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

I would never refuse blood for my child. Never....i don't care if the elder disfellowship me. I would never let my child die because of the no blood doctrine. It is a shame that these parents happily let their children die from not having blood. They think they are doing it for Jehovah but years later the blood transfusion may be a "conscious matter". Think about all these people that died from not accepting organ transplants and now you can accept them...

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gs77b_Q1-TJrnY6IPo8f757Isk-g Youth died 'after refusing blood'

(UKPA) – 6 hours ago

An inquest has been opened into the death of a teenage Jehovah's Witness who is believed to have refused a blood transfusion.

Black Country Coroner Robin Balmain released the body of Joshua McAuley for cremation after a brief hearing at Smethwick Council House.

Adjourning the inquest on the 15-year-old, Mr Balmain said the student had been trapped between a Vauxhall Astra and a shop when the vehicle veered off Cape Hill in Smethwick, West Midlands, on May 15.

A 28-year-old man, from the Winson Green area of Birmingham, was arrested after the vehicle became embedded in the shop, and was later released on police bail.

Outlining the brief circumstances of Joshua's death, the coroner said the teenager, of Church Road, Smethwick, underwent surgery at Birmingham's Selly Oak Hospital after suffering severe leg injuries.

Mr Balmain stressed that the circumstances of his death would have to be confirmed by evidence in due course.

The coroner added: "I am told he required a blood transfusion but, due to being a Jehovah's Witness, this option was declined.

"There are clearly ongoing police inquiries and I have no information at the present time as to whether this matter will be dealt with in this court or a criminal court."

The inquest, which was adjourned to a date to be fixed, was also told that a pathologist had yet to give the court the medical cause of Joshua's death.

The student's parents were not present at the hearing, but were represented by a family friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit