Are you SEEKING the TRUTH of the bible unaided?

by EndofMysteries 38 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yes, I meant Kind, LOL !

I was just curious Terry, you seem very full of "zeal" in your atheisim and I was wondering if that was the case when you were a JW.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry is NOT (I repeat) NOT an atheist.

An atheist does not believe God exists.

I don't think there is any rational way to know one way or the other.

This is different from being an Agnostic. And Agnostic doesn't know.

I can't see any way anybody could know. Anybody.

The difference might seem too subtle. It isn't.

This great and powerful Bible God or Muslim Allah or whomever is so big and bad and wonderful and yet IMPOSSIBLE TO DETECT!!

That just seems pretty silly and suspicious to me.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

EndofMysteries

Why limit your examination of prophetic texts to the bible when there are so many other attempts at predicting the future?

Nostradamus, H G Wells, Judge Rutherford, Muhammad, Orson Wells, Joseph Smith, Watchtower Society.

Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Robert Schuller, Marilyn Hickey, Paul and Jan Crouch, Rod Parsley, R.W. Shambach, Carlton Pearson, John Avanzinni, Kenneth & Gloria Copeland, John Hagee, Jessie Duplantis, Oral Roberts, Richard Roberts, Kenneth Hagin.

Sr., Kenneth Hagin Jr., Frederick Price, Creflo Dollar, Rodney Howard Browne, Jack Van Impe, Rinehard Bonnke, Joyce Meyer, Morris Cerullo, John Kilpatrick, Clarence McClendon, Rick Joyner, Hal Lindsey, Charles Capps, Robert Tilton.

Ellen G. White, Kim Clement, Mark Charonna, Juanita Bynum, Brigham Young, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Jack Van Impe, John Kilpatrick.

The list is as endless as imagination itself!

• Terry
    Terry

Go to YOUTUBE and write in: THE MAN IN THE SKY

The scene from THE INVENTION of LYING pretty much says it all

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Terry,

I am sorry, I thought you were an atheist, my bad.

You are the most "militant" agnostic I have "known", LOL !

• not a captive
    not a captive

And best informed.

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

not a captive said "I had a revelation some years ago that I didn't understand fully.

Any truth that is not accessable to a poverty-stricken, illiterate woman with too many children to care for is no truth worth the knowing. If she has to rely on someone with the mind and resources to know better than she does and tell her so , then it is not the truth."

Well said, couldn't agree more...

• Terry
    Terry

Try not to think of me as militant.

Think of certain people's opinions as being a large rock in front of an escape hatch and I'm pushing against that rock as hard as I can.

I am pushing as hard as I need to push.

What you perceive as militant is really just effort.

You guys are my brothers and sisters after the fact. We are all on the same side.

I'm just trying to get you to put your counterfeit map down and use your eyes and ears to find the exit.

I'm just like you in every way except I'm older and uglier.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That is why I put militant in quotations :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit