Theological U-Turns - new WT lingo for flip flops?

by Meeting Junkie No More 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

In the new rag entitled What has happened to Sin (June's issue I believe), there's a 'box' that talks about the Catholic Church's Limbo doctrine. The WT writers, in their audacity, have decided to call the Catholic Church's altered stance on this subject a 'Theological U-Turn'. Just thought I'd pass that along so that we know what to call the Borg's 'new light' takes on various issues. They're just theological U-turns!

• snowbird
    snowbird

The new teaching on "this generation" is a theological U-turn from a theological cemetery.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

or TUTs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

snowbird - LOL!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Blondie, posted that before I saw yours - LOL at that too! TUT TUT!

• bohm
    bohm

Somebody should post the cartoon from a month ago where the GB is stuck in a theological roundabout!

• belbab
    belbab

It beats their previous explanation of a sail boat tacking into the wind.

Everybody knows what a U-turn is.

Only thing is if you make too many U-turns you end up going around in circles.

Makes a person dizzy.

belbab

• Heaven
    Heaven

So does this mean they've dropped the 'tacking into the wind' analogy they've used in the past?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

ONLY THE BORG tacks into the wind like a sailboat. ANY OTHER religion with changes in doctrine WAS wrong, IS wrong, and forever WILL BE WRONG. When it's the Borg, they're being led in a crazy serpentine fashion by lowercase holy spirit.

• booby
    booby

I listened to the mp3 of that article. It is (to funny, sad, disgusting) not sure how to express it, but I guess hypocritical will work. I'd love to have a hard copy of that. They just gotta get their act together and provide pdf downloads of all the mags, so it is easier to follow this idiotic stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit