Hi all...I think it's time to introduce myself

by Desilusionnee 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Desilusionnee.

Please don't tell your JWs anything, or show them anything. That only works very rarely. You have to nudge them very gently in the right direction while they think that you are still a believer.

You need to know the best questions to ask and how to ask them and how to control the conversation so that they don't get away with not answering your question. All that without setting off their Apostate alarms.

Do your homework and make a plan before you change anything you do.

Cheers

Chris

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Welcome the the forum, it's so fantastic when we see the real light.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Thanks to all,

I know you're right Black Sheep, I'll try to fade very slowly and discreetly. I don't want to loose my husband and my 2 little girls

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Desi,

Here are the generally agreed "must - read" books when a person is coming out:

Crisis of Conscience - Ray Franz

Combatting Cult Mind Control - Steve Hassan

I also suggest Captives of a Concept by Don Cameryn, it's a short but powerful read that can be completed in one long sitting.

Best of luck to you. Glad to hear more about your background. There are many here who can offer suggestions on fading and such, as they have already been through it.

-mentallyfree31-

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome!

• not a captive
    not a captive

So good to hear you acting as a conscious Christian. Romans 12:1,2 tells us to be holy and conscious living sacrifice. This is not how we live before God in the Organization. We had to follow other men--not even our own conscience! Maeve

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Thanks to mentallyfree31, Maeve and all the others for your warm welcome!

I've already ordered CoC and hope I'll get it soon. I will also try to get the other books.

I'll need help in the best way to fade wihout destructing my family life.

Desi

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. I hope you can get your husband out too.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hearty welcome, if I have not welcomed you already!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, take it very easy, do not talk to any JW yet. JWs are a mind control cult. They are not prepared to hear ANYTHING. start reading everything on mind control, then research the bible and its origins.

cheers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit