New Creation Book

by God_Delusion 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Cadellin,

The Society is in the enviable position of being able to sit back and attempt to poke holes in evolutionary theory. They don't bother to present a sounder counter-theory. Their criticisms of evolutionary theory don't even have to be consistent. They can sit back and throw the kitchen sink at the science as it now stands and try to make the gaps in the knowledge appear larger than they really are. Their goal, of course, is to get people to doubt evolution and accept their stance by default.

It's the same thing that an out-of-power political party does to the ruling party. They criticize and throw the kitchen sink at the ruling party in hopes that voters will grow disillusioned with the current rulers. No need to present alternative solutions, simply criticize what the in-power party is doing. The same can be said for conspiracy theorists. Sit back and poke holes at the official explanation for X and hope people uncritically adopt your position (even though it's more outlandish and less credible than the official explanation).

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Serenitynow, thanks for the offer, but I have a pretty complete "theocratic library". I am just hoping to score the new releases. My Witness dad is coming for a visit in a few weeks, and it would be hilarious if I had the brochures before he did. Also, I think a YouTube video will be in order once I have time to "study" the publications.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The old Creation v Evolution book was printed in 1985. It has been re-released as a small paper back. My first attempt at including a picture so we will have to see if it works.

George

[IMG]http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae269/ram01273/LIFE-Copy.jpg[/IMG]

Doesn't seem to work. I clicked on the tree and pasted the above link into the box but cannot see the image. Help anyone please.

• cofty
    cofty

I expect it will witter on about "intelligent design", "irreducible &/or specified complexity", and cosmoslogical constants.

It will likely be a lame attempt to become more sophisticated than the old creation book, probably borrowing all the discredited arguments of Behe and the other frauds at the Discovery Institute

• LeeT
    LeeT

I've been looking forward to a new Creation book for such a long time. I want a pdf too. That's going to be such a wacky book.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Maybe they should hire Ben Stein (Expelled) to write it?

Anyone? Anyone?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There's no new Creation book.

Just a couple brochures and last summer's DVD. The Borg avoids details for the most part in recent years. Everything for the public is pablum and everything for the Dubs is mind control. They have far less intelligence and talent in Bethel today compared to twenty and thirty years ago; I don't think they could pull off a book that deals with science. I mean, look at the blood fraction debacle from ten years ago!

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

I've not heard of a new Creation book either, just two new brochures. I'm really curious about their content though! Just more junk to debunk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit