She whispered into her ear, "I have a demon"

by dissed 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

Some of you may have remembered me describing my wife's sister having serious mental problems.

Its been a source of great discouragement to the entire family because her husband (a devout JW) has refused to get her help. In fact, blaming it all on the demons, and we being the ones who introduced them, because of our leaving the WT.

Well, to everyons surprise on Friday, they came to a family dinner, this is very rare. The family was most relieved to hear, she had just visited a Psyciatrist the day before at her husbands insistance. Finally!!

My wife asked her privately that evening, "Do you really believe you need help for mental illness?" And she whispered back in her ear, "No, that's not my problem, I have a demon. He speaks to me constantly." She really needs help.

After three years of trying to get her proper help and being stonewalled by a misguided JW Elder, she is finally getting some real help. Not the 'you need to pray more, study more, and destroy all demon related objects in your house' type help.

Hopefully, its not too late.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow. I hope her psychiatrist is competent, and I hope she gets the help she needs. Poor dear.

Hoping for the best.

Love,
    Baba.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Wow. She does sound seriously ill. I'm glad she's getting help. sounds like she's hearing voices.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Eep. I hope she eventually accepts help and gets better, too. I also hope the psychiatrist has experience dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses or other cult members.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Do you think your sister-in-law has schizophrenia? I am definitely not a psychiatrist, but I know those with that condition hear voices. Hopefully, she will finally get the help she needs.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

my father says this alot.. also a witness. I often ask him WHY he think he has a demon after him. He never answers. Says he doesn't hear voices or anything. I don't nkow. But I worry. Is it me or are most witness a bit wacked in the head?

• dissed
    dissed

We are hoping that with a proper evaluation, she can recieve the proper type of medication and assistance. Hopefully, riding her of the real demon within her.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, she does need help - but mental illness is just that, an illness. She thinks that she really does hear a demon - imagine how terrified she must be.

I feel for you and your wife - but help is on the way, and I wish her a speedy recovery.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

She is getting help far more reliable than the WT now.

Demunzz are soo petrified of those little pills an dinections she will be free of them and up on her little possessed pins in no time.

Glad the treatment has started. The only trouble with JWs and professional mental care is that as they get nearer to realising the core problem, they run away, and throw themselves into even more Babble study.

HB

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Look - we all believed (well most of us did) that demons could affect us and control us - does that make her mentally ill - well then I was mentally ill for a time being. Hopefully with a kind ear, understanding she will get through this - she though needs to understand that she is in control of her life, if she stays in that faith however, the demon belief will continue to exist for her and that won't go away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit