generation teaching reconsidered

by inbetween 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary
    You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, Would be interesting, which greek word the Septuagint used for it Here its clear,what a generation in biblical sense means...

So what exactly are you saying a "generation" in a "biblical sense" means? Are you saying that it's referring to 3 or 4 generations?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

So what exactly are you saying a "generation" in a "biblical sense" means? Are you saying that it's referring to 3 or 4 generations?

I think his point is that the bible specifically differentiates between generations, so the whole "Joseph's brothers were two overlapping generations that made a single generation" is bullshit.

• jeovagood
    jeovagood

Nice comments from everyone using their independent thinking BUT all those dates got debunked BEFORE the Zions watchtower by the American war of 1812 army captain who started it in the first place Terry's masterpiece http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/132920/1/THIS-IS-THE-MAN-WHO-MADE-IT-ALL- Luke 21:8
    He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, 'I am he,' and, 'The due time has approached.' Do not go after them.

Do not go after them!

• inbetween
    inbetween

mary: What I meant with this scripture, it shows that a generation means people born at roughly the same time, being descendanst of another people born at their aprox. time.

Its clear, that for example the lifespan of the third generation overlaps with those of the fourth generation, but the third and the fourth generation do not become one generation, just because their lifes overlap.

One time the third generation will pass away, while the fourth is still existing...

The fact, that the fourth generation still exists does not miracolously make the third generation still alive...

The genration 0f 1914 is passed away, their descendants still exist ( people born in the 20´s and 3´0´s, but those are not the generation of 1914)

My point is to express the difference between overlapping lifespans of people of different generations, and the unique lifespan of one generation, that has a beginning and an ending.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Here's my idea about what that scripture about stars falling and sun and moon not giving off light: Eventually, all the stars we see, including our sun, will go super nova, thereby falling from existence. That would explain the sun darkening and the moon not giving light. Moon needs light from the now burned out sun to reflect onto earth, which has since been shaken and burned to bits when the sun went super nova and became a black hole. *stops for breath*

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

A good book on generations and human life cycles is a book The Fourth Turning. It's a hard read but quite interesting how generations repeat themselves and how human history is more repetative than linear in nature.

WTS new definition of generation is a total nonsense as they try to hold on to the bogus belief of 1914 OR this is a step towards eliminating 1914 all together which in due time they will have to. Their present teaching of generation could very well apply to have started in 33AD. Elimate 1914 and then quote that no one knows the day nor the hour and in due time people wouldn't even question the stupid 1914 or 607 crap. Only GB and their advisors know which direction this new development is leading them to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit