Do they still have to go from door to door and fill out field service report

by eileenpage 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

New Publications Available: Jehovah’s Witnesses — Unitedly Filling Out Field Service Report Slips Worldwide

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I have copied and pasted your replies and will email them to our daughter asap.

That can backfire on you. If her recruiter has already put the fear of Apostates and devils in her she might just run for the hills and you lose your chance to talk to her.

You need to ask her appropriate questions that her mentor can't answer truthfully before he shuts you out.

Good luck

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The primary doctrine is that Jesus selected them in 1919 to be God's sole channel of communication.

All other doctrine stands or falls on that one doctrine, including the doctrines that support it.... and don't you forget it.

As long as their is a chance that any of you might suspect that that doctrine might be true, there is a danger that someone will end up back in the cult.

Ask her how to prove that the WT was selected in 1919 and work from there. Come back here for help if you need it

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, eileen.

So glad your daughter went to University. There was a thread not too long ago on this forum featuring an unbeleivable video of a Governing Body member talking about higher education and downing it--if I remember correctly he equated it with shooting yourself in the head....maybe someone will remember more than I do about it.....

Please read up all you can here about the changes, new light, etc.

Don't jump on your daughter...tell her you are glad she's investigation as an educated person....but do it soon....please don't let them take her...I know it sounds far-fetched but some on this forum are shunned by their witness children. That would be awful!

• Gayle
    Gayle

A few months ago, the WTS informed the congregations that during prayer at the Kingdom Hall even married couples cannot hold hands. So obviously, the WTS is not lightening up.

• jfine53
    jfine53

Well now. The person telling your daughter that the Jehovah's Witness are different has legitimized your position. Let me see . . . if the JW's are different now it means there must have been something that needed to be changed. Therefore your decision to leave was correct. And since they aren't really different at all means your decision to leave was and is the correct one and this person is clearly lying.

• eileenpage
    eileenpage

Hello again,

Thank you all for your imput. Especially for the link to the April 210 watchtower. Great stuff Mel our daughter can read it then ask her cousin why he is not telling the truth re a few things in the article.

Great stuff, thank you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit