Man Shot to Death at Kingdom Hall

by Kenneson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The JW Spiritual Paradise can be a dangerous place at times.

Bangalore

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In regards to the comment posted on jwdivorces.bravehost.com, is there any proof to back up the allegation that:

" over the past decade there have been a number of murders in Oregon which were directly related to the WatchTower religion of the Jehovah's Witnesses who either committed the murders or were the victims of such. "

• snowbird
    snowbird

Google JW murders in Oregon.

Robert Bryant and Christian Longo spring immediately to my mind.

Sylvia

• truthlover
    truthlover

If u listen to the news report - he was meeting there for maybe a JC -- apparently a woman called in and said he was meeting some brothers at the hall - this was 8:30 at night on a wednesday - so probably that is the scenario

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Google JW murders in Oregon.
    Robert Bryant and Christian Longo spring immediately to my mind.

What was the cause of their murders?

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.watchtowernews.org/familymurders.htm

If you can stomach this, have a read.

Sylvia

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What was the cause of their murders?

Somebody killed them.

Sorry, I'm feeling goofy and couldn't resist.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Somebody killed them.

Well, LOL !

Can't argue with that !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suppose they will make a case where the shooter was disfellowshipped, weak in the cancer, inactive, or unbaptized and having studied for quite some time before the shooting. They typically do that, so they can minimize the embarrassment of having someone that is strong in the cancer go on a shooting (or baby eating) spree.

• Mary
    Mary

Since he was meeting with the elders, I would venture a guess that he was about to get The Axe and perhaps it pushed him over the edge.

While this is certainly a tragedy, perhaps the Society's disgusting practice of ruining people's lives by disfellowshipping and thus cutting them off from family and friends, will gain them even more bad publicity. Thanks to the internet, their horrifying practices are no longer something to be hidden away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit