Oath of Allegiance -- You will want to read this

by Marvin Shilmer 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Just like Malawi and Mexico. The malawians lost their lives for not getting a politcal card. The mexicans compromised and got one, no lives lost.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

wannabefree,

You wrote:

Isn't the technicality with the oath and children in school that it is an oath, not to the United States, but "I pledge allegiance to the flag", an idol, therefore idolatry?

Witness children were offered the alternative of pledging the highest oath of allegiance to the United States recognized under law. Their parents were led to believe it was a sin to do so. I cite a source showing this in my article.

Marvin Shilmer

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's just the oath that all attorneys take upon being admitted to the bar.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Excellent presentation! You've kept it simple, and those statements have such an impact. I wonder if there are other statements about oaths of allegiance in the literature.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I added an image at the end. It is the oath of allegience pledged by US military. Compare it with the oath pledged by Watchtower leaders.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I have added the 1891 pledge of allegiance sworn by Charles Taze Russell to my blog.

Readers can view it at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2010/05/oath-of-allegiance_11.html

Marvin Shilmer

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This kicks ass. Great job!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you

• moshe
    moshe

This information is vexing to JWs as it proves that the WT leadership didn't give 100% of it's loyalty to Jehovah's Kingdom. Maybe 98%, but JWs know that Jehovah is an exacting God and even a 2% divided loyalty given to Caesar is enough to disqualify them from getting into God's Kingdom. The average Witness knows that they can't give a loyaty oath to a country and be without spot- just ask them.

Even if they argue that the WT officials lied under oath about the allegiance, that still doesn't get them off the hook, as it proves that the WT officials were cowards. Their fear of man caused them to sell their kingdom birthright for a bowl of pottage (trip overseas). Stephan, Peter and other early Christian martyrs, could have avoided being murdered if he had known it was OK (according to WT leaders) to lie about one's loyalty to the superior authorities, damn, nobody would ever have had to suffer martyrdom, if only they knew that they could lie under oath, and that all was forgiven by God in the name of theocratic warfare.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Marvin,

According to Stand Firm's blog ( http://stayawake-standfirm.blogspot.com/2010/08/jehovahs-witnesses-and-oath-of.html ) you are making a mountain out of a mole hill comparing the Oath to the Pledge of Allegiance...LOL

This absurb response to your posting of the oath documents and his attempt to show how this is nothing like the Pledge of Allegiance is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have read regarding neutrality. It is sad how people like Stand Firm are unable to reason or think in any balanced manner when it comes to the WTS. Anyone who wants to read a pitiful argument defending the JW double standard should get quite an education on how not to debate!

P.S. I posted this on a similar thread, but thought it worth reading for those intrigued by the Oath conundrum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit