How Many Here Take Prescription Meds?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

As soon as weed is legal I will be taking that as a daily med.

Until then I can only dream and be good

puff puff puff

• minimus
    minimus

My mother has to take about 15 pills a day. Thank God she has all of her faculties. To remember all of them and when they have yo be taken can be confusing to anyone!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Min I have a weekly dispenser with pockets for four different times of the day. It is a lifesaver for me because at one glance I can tell if I have taken the dose or not. Many pharmacies here will bubble pack meds for those who need it. They put each dose throughout the day in a bubble packed on a weekly card - same principle as my little container but the pharmacy does it for the person. It is well worth it for me and I think for anyone who has to take lots of meds throughout the day and may forget if they have taken their dose or not

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I take a prescription for depression, i was diagnosed a year ago.

• minimus
    minimus

Lee, I bought my mom a pill organizer but she rarely uses it. She's a creature of habit.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I find that my pill organizer is a significant time saver. I open each bottle once a week instead of 7 or more times. I'm also less likely to miss a dose because of being in too much of a hurry to bother screwing around with all the bottles.

W

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I sure could use a prescription for some medical marijuana..

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

As a nurse, I think the pill organizer is a great idea for anyone that has to take multiple meds. Anyone of any age can easily get confused unless it's all organized.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I asked a Pharmicist about vitamins and prescription drugs..he said that the ingredients both come from the same place. The Ground. Some just have a higher potency and need a prescription as they would be dangerous in large amounts and need to be monitered..Don't know how true that was.

I also had a chiropracter tell me that vitamins are useless unless you eat a food that contains that vitamin in it also. It helps the vitamin work somehow. .I guess if you take Vitamin A you need to eat some carrots that day also.. You can't just rely on taking a vitamin for your health.

I agree that some should try the natural way first but not so to put their life in danger. A gal I worked with , her father had heart trouble. I think it was HBP. Anyway his daughter decided he was taking too many pills and decided to put him on Natural remedies for his blood pressure. His blood pressure went sky high and he got a lot of fluid in his system, had trouble breathing and had to go in the emergency room. They put him on strong diretics to get rid of the fluid. She didn't mess with his meds after that.

Another gal had HBP . She wasn't overweight like many are and she wasn't a nervous type but she was a witness..lol Her witness friends decided to help her by telling her what herbs/vitamins to take to lower her blood pressure naturally. Her blood pressure went up also and she ended up back on her blood pressure meds. I think Drs are realizing the benefits of vitamins also more so now than when I was younger. My Dr gives me large doses ov Vit D, told me how much calcium to take and has me on Triple strength fish oil.
    I remember a Dr telling me years ago that vitamins in a bottle were useless!...
    Times are changing.

• minimus
    minimus

so confusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit