COMMENTS WELCOME...........!

by iknowall558 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

No probs soldier

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

THEY REVISED THE LIGHT STORY ABOUT THE GENERATION, HERE IS THE NEW ONE:::::

New Light - It's been about 98 years since 1914, and we've bumped up the who the generation is for every 20 years or so. We don't speculate or write anything new now on scriptures and understanding. We recycle the old light, rearrange the words and make it into pretty new books. Back to this generation, 'obviously' it's overlapping generations. Everyone is almost dead. HOW THANKFUL we are, for this TIMELY SPIRITUAL FOOD!! Nowhere else in the world, will you get this smorgesboard of food provided at the right time. Let us make haste, and place as many WT's as we can, and look forward to the day when the entire world will partake of this wonderful spirtual food as a big family while you are reading this post in an increasingly louder voice as you remember how every talk at the district conventions ended and any watchtower which made no sense at all tried to hype you up!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Not wanting to be critical in any way but check your spelling for ANOINTED ... informative stuff though..

Loz x

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It's pathetic that they claim the "light gets brighter" when dismissing old ideas and replacing them with new ones... only to return to that 'darker light' 60 years later. Clearly the light could not have been 'getting brighter' on both occations. So did the light get darker in 1951, or 2008? Which is it?

The generation thing speaks volumes. The GB is clearly stumbling about in the dark.

- Lime

• tec
    tec

Did everyone else know about this Charles Russell quote? Am I the only person in total shock that he wrote that? It completely changes the entire validity behind 'new light' theory of the WT.

Tammy

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Tec ..... as far as I know.... its a well know quote and has been used quite often on the forum. However, how many active JWs will know about this quote as it is from 1881...and any info from this time is just not available to them. This is why I included it in the sample.

• wobble
    wobble

Well Done !!!!!

I shall be using it here too, as has been said, it will be brushed off by most active Dubs, but once read it goes into the memory, and when another problem or two with the WTB$ comes along , on goes the light switch.

Looking back for myself, I know it was only the cumulative effect that made me say (In my best Jewish voice) "Enough already !"

I don't think it will mean a thing to the general public, but I won't be aiming it at them , only Dubs.

VERY WELL DONE again, dear Iknowall558,

Kind regards ,

Wobble

p.s tell Ninja we miss his wicked humour on here.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello iknowall558,

Nice :)

I would add a couple of verses like these...

Hebrews 13:8 (English Standard Version)

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

James 1:17 (English Standard Version)

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Also, I would include the preceding paragraph from the 4/22/1970 Awake quote re: changes. It better exposes the hypocrisy and can be related to by current dubs (emphasys mine):

"One of the reasons is that people are disturbed by what is happening in their churches. Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in MedellĂ­n, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many."

-Yan

• Heaven
    Heaven

iknowall, this is quite a nice and simple way of looking at it. Chalam, those scriptures are very appropriate here.

Just wanted to re-post this link to the chart that also gives a good outline of this nonsense:

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2930/generationjw.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit