JW Woman dies refusing blood....

by iknowall558 31 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

She refused the doctors treatment, AND believes the GB stance on refusing blood.

thats why she died.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think the medical community needs to start calling blood transfusions 'Blood Fractions'. Then it will be all ok for a JW to take them. If my Father needs blood I will instruct the medical team to do this.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Do you know what only makes this even sadder?????

Because she attempted suicide...she won't "qualify" for a memorial at the Kingdom Hall.......despite her stand on blood.

Yep.....she is a 'loser' in their eyes anyway.

It just gets sicker and sicker.

• upnorth
    upnorth

Her suicide was assisted by the WBATS because she knew that regardless of blood loss and need. The borg would not stop the results of her attempt from being successful.

The JW's assisted in her suicide.

It was no different then suicide by cop

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

When he eventually gave them a prescription for non-human plasma, they went out and bought it...

(emphasis mine) Now wait a second! The OT prohibitions on blood were talking about animal blood, not human blood. Just where do they think "non-human plasma" comes from? If anything about a blood transfusion could be considered to be "eating blood" in violation of the Mosiac laws, the use of animal blood products must certainly be forbidden.

Hypocrites!

p.s., somewhat o.t.: I have my scheduled donation at the community blood drive tomorrow. Is it time for you to donate again?

• nelly136
    nelly136

GL thats the bit that really blows my mind, i cannot understand how the blood laws the jws pertain to hold to were referring to food-animal blood,

and yet these days products made from animal blood are now deemed acceptable. if theyre going to allow those then surely they may as well drop the whole no blood thing altogether.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

She died because she comitted suicide and she accomplished her goal. I feel bad for anyone in that much distress and misery, but who the heck are the elders to try to boss doctors around about treatment options?Trying to stablize a patient who refuses treatment is a hellish task for a doctor, and then to be harrassed by a bunch of ignorant religious fanatics-only to lose the patient must have been devastating to the doctor. They will probably try to sue or punish the doctor now. Too bad they weren't there for her before she became so distraught that she bled herself to death.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Michelle Copeland Isn't it aweful how people would rather have a person die just because they refuse blood instead of giving them what they request- non blood products? Friday at 7:51pm ยท Michelle above may have inadvertenly said it best: "awEful" Aweful, ain'it? We are all in awe from the extent of brainwashing! (Not to mention your apparent poor command of the English language). Feel sorry for the lost life....no, Jehovah isn't going to remember you, Sister...You went aginst him and died in vain...

• nelly136
    nelly136

isnt it awEful that a book publishing company who cant make up their minds between animal blood products and human blood products wont allow their members the medical treatment that befits their circumstances instead of pretending theres a host of magic cure alls for every condition.

isnt it awEful when a woman who is obviously not of her right mind and suicidal is railroaded into finishing the job by a bunch pf pseudo experts.

bit weird how things have changed, when i was a dub you knew that you stood a good chance of dying if you made that choice, the lightweight jws these days not only expect to put extra pressure on medical staff and resources they expect the doctors to work wonders and shit miracles and save them from their token sacrificial gestures, and then not content with doctors doing the best they can with what they have under difficult circumstances they want a huge payout afterwards when it backfires.

what happened to the good old days when you sacrificed for faith and signed the release form to say you were taking responsibility for that choice and released the doctors from blame.

maybe the advance directive should have a footnote these days

i am fully prepared to die for my faith....actually no! i expect to be saved and if you dont save me i'm gonna sue the feck out of you.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I am re-reading Michelles' comment and getting even more pissed off!!!

"...how people would rather have a person die just because they refuse blood..."

JUST BECAUSE!!

Really! WTF, Michelle?

Just because, as if they simply didn't want freshly ground pepper with their linguine?

Man, what freaking drones....

-Yan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit