What Are You Going To Do For Mother's Day?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I went to Sunday School and church this morning. The Sunday School lesson was on LEGALISTIC religions and how damaging they are to true spirituality.

My son and daughter are having us over to my daughter's house for a mid-afternoon meal. My son is cooking.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm getting spoiled for the first time and probably only time because it's officially my first Mothers day... celebrated that is.

Kids made cards for me and have my favorite cake in the oven. Husband is making me a dinner of BBQ steak, crab legs and baked potatoe..Yumm.

I'm also getting a new touch screen computer...well it's for us all really, but it will mainly be mine :)

It just feels really good to feel so special on a special day!! I mean I know I'm loved and appreciated but it feels good to be spoiled for a day....

Happy Mothers day to all you Mommies out there.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Absolutely, it feels good to feel so special on a special day, especially after being raised in an atmosphere where you never felt special at all!

• hubert
    hubert

I'm going to throw some ribs on the grill for thhe wife, today. (Mothers day). "One of her daughters called and wished her a Happy Mothers Day, so she is (half) happy.

I'll make it up to her with a nice cookout, and scallops wrapped in bacon. Yummy !!!

Hubert

• dandingus
    dandingus

Took my mom out to a nice dinner the other night, and today we're going to my grandmother's house to visit.

• tec
    tec

Apparently, I'm going to fight with my husband. He has 'mother' issues, and rightfully so, and that leads to conflicting emotions for him on this day. He always plans to do something nice; and yet we always seem to have a fight instead. I think he just wakes up angry because mother's day makes him think of his mother, and I wake up expecting him to be in a bad mood - I think a fight is kind of inevitable under the circumstances we've set for ourselves.

He'd also think I'm moronic for psychoanalyzing :)

Sigh. Life. He'll still end up making sure that I get my spa day next week, instead.

Tammy

• zoiks
    zoiks

My mother doesn't speak to me, and is at her Circuit Assembly, so nothing there!

Here at home, I helped the kids make breakfast for my wife; we also took her to lunch. Tonight I'll make sure she gets a nice relaxing bath and a massage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit