How many different books have been published by the watchtower society?

by outlander 11 Replies latest jw friends

• outlander
    outlander

I know there has been a lot, but does anyone actually have any idea? To make it easier, lets omit books published before say 1960. That gives 50 years worth of books. I wonder how many books it takes to teach the word of God door to door, and how many just find new ways to say the same things? Just curious..........

Outlander

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

(Ecclesiastes

12:12) . . .As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

• peaches
    peaches

too damn many....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Waaaaaaaay too many...

I recently went on a used-WTBTS-book-buying spree... Here are the titles I picked up - most for around a dollar or so...

"The Divine Plan of the Ages" ("Studies in the Scriptures Series 1") copyright 1908

(pamphlet...) "MIllions Now Living Will Never Die!" copyright 1920 but a 1940 reprint...

"The Harp of God" copyright 1921

"The Divine Plan of the Ages" copyright 1923 - this one FINALLY had the "Pyramid chart" in it and intact!!

"The Harp of God" copyright 1925

"Government" copyright 1928

"Enemies" copyright 1937

"Children" copyright 1941

"The Divine Plan of the Ages" ("Studies in the Scriptures Volume 1") copyright 1946 - no Pyramid chart...

"Did Man Get Here By Evolution or by Creation?" copyright 1967

"The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life" copyright 1968

"The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life" copyright 1968 but REVISED 1981...

"Then is Finished the Mystery of God" copyright 1969

"The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah - How?" copyright 1971

"True Peace and Security - From What Source?" copyright 1973

"Good News to Make You Happy" copyright 1976

"Choosing the Best Way of Life" copyright 1979

"All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial" copyright 1983

Just a sampling...

I'm looking forward to skimming these books, since I haven't picked one up after I DA'd myself... With my eyes opened, I wonder what sort of contradictions and idiocy I'll see in them, now...

Zid sm

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

From 1971 to 2009 the WTCD shows 53, but with all of the changes in Rev. Climax editions it should be at least 54.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

too damn many....

too darn right LOL

• blondie
  • Terry
    Terry

When you sit there and look at that looooooooooooong loooooooooooon list of Watchtower Publications you just have to say to yourself:

"What a buttload!"

And THIS? THIS is food at the proper time??

The wasted hours! Reading. Studying. Memorizing. Preparing for meetings. Preaching it. Selling it to others.

I feel like I was a Bubonic Plague carrier and my job was to go out and infect as many people as I could.

WHAT A WASTED LIFE!!

• dqFreedom
    dqFreedom

On the wikipedia list of jw publications there are about 45 subheadings just to list the types of books! As far as number of different titles- Who will ever know! I can however tell you how many books and magazines it takes to fill a large trashcan!

I do know that God only wrote 1 book!

6000 years 1 book, around 1,547 pages, 774,746 words.

Soloman says in Ecc 12:11

11 The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one shepherd. [b] 12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

13 Now all has been heard;
    here is the conclusion of the matter:
    Fear God and keep his commandments,
    for this is the duty of all mankind.

Faith is simple many books are not needed- Soloman says much knowledge brings much sorrow.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum, Freedom.

I do know that God only wrote 1 book!

Is this the book where the inventor of our species didn't make our earliest ancestor a partner to breed with except as an afterthought when it got bored after naming all the animals, or another book that I am unaware of?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit