HOW the Watchtower holds its members

by Terry 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

We all want the real fruit not the wax kind. At first the wax kind looks like the real fruit. And this can go on for decades, as it has and continues for many in the grip of the wax fruit.

Now, lets get to the real fruit, there isn't any real fruit that any religion has in it's domain. They are all doing the same thing, offering eternal life ( the so-called real fruit ) to it's believers.

All of us want to have what God??? is offering us ever since the myth of the garden of eden fairy tale written in a book that should be in the fiction section of all libraries.

However, not to shatter believers, I could be wrong.

Blueblades

• peaches
    peaches

reality sucks.....but non the less,,,,it is still reality.....

• Terry
    Terry
    Abilene paradox:click on it and read the description
  • peaches
    peaches

"abilene paradox" equals---- everyone is thinking,,,,but NO ONE IS REASONING...conformity controls the outcome...peaches

• Terry
    Terry

I think about how many active Jehovah's Witness families I knew who were always complaining about how much of a hassle the meetings were and how boring and so on....

but....they keep right on going.....

GROUPTHINK is powerful.

Everybody goes along to conform and yet, nobody is really happy!

Everyone sacrifices FOR the others.....and yet....none of the others really benefits because everybody is sacrificing happiness for themselves.

• moshe
    moshe

JW's are kinda lazy- they think they can coast through life on a mediocre job, without a good education, and Armageddon will fix all their worries.

It's bigger than JW's- all the churches are guilty of promising something good, but in the future. Jesus is coming back soon, the rapture will take you to heaven, you'll be in heaven floating on a cloud.

• wobble
    wobble

That is where atheists score, if they seize each day, and live it to the full as if this life is all there is, then they get the most out of the one and only life they have.

If they are wrong, then a loving God will forgive them their lack of faith and they get to the "afterlife".

On the other hand, if the Theists are wrong, they waste the only life they were ever going to get dreaming of the afterlife.

For Atheists it is win win !

Wobble

• cult classic
    cult classic

"I think that applies to the stagnation inside the Kingdom Halls. They are just "hanging on" until they lose their strength and fall away........"

That is the exact mentality of the witnesses. "....but the one that endures until the end will be saved."

The witnesses are often heard saying the like, " it is hard to walk on this narrow road, but if we just hold on we can all make it into the new system."

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh Terry...I'm so upset about the kids dying and the box of waxed fruit...its wrung me out..

Loz x

• whereami
    whereami

Good stuff Terry, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit