Encouraged by the Org. itself to expose them............

by iknowall558 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

KRETTNAWE......This is nothing to do with spiritual advancement. What is spiritual advancement anyway? Some one else on another thread asked me what the point was in doing what Im doing. This is the answer I gave them.

The reason Im doing this is because I believe prevention is better than cure. My 'Danger' leaflets are for the public. Its to make them aware of the religion that JWs are offering to them. This religion messes up peoples lives. It is Dangerous! People die because of their teachings. It splits up families and it allows paedophiles the freedom to abuse children because of its '2 witness' policy. The people who find JWs at their door only see the suits and smiling faces of these pleasant, polite, god-loving people. They dont know this other side that can bring so much pain on an idividual level.....or the fact that if you wanted to leave, it would be at the cost of losing family and friends and being shunned. People should know all this FIRST and then make a decision.

When I go out and do this I have the 'children' in mind. If 'mum or dad' accepts a bible study, then its inevitable that their children will pulled along with them and indoctrinated with JW teachings...............and we all know the rest. As far as I am concerned it is an extremely worthwhile thing to be doing and I will continue to do it for the foreseeable future. I can only try to shake things a little here on a local level but to me its better than doing nothing.

I would LOVE IT if this religion were to fail. It is obvious, so obvious, that this vile cult/religion cant be from God. If it were, then what kind of God is he? Is this the best he can do .......is this his TRUE RELIGION?

I truly think that to say that God would lead people into a cult..(especially this one) ....would be cruel and twisted on his part.

• iknowall558
  • iknowall558
    iknowall558

Mad Sweeney.. There are recordings of my husband and I being questioned by the elders in a 'shepherding' visit. This went all the way to a follow up visit, a confrontation with an elder at the hall and a judicial committe and appeal committe with three COs present along with three other elders. You can find this under HOBOKEN on this forum.

As for the leaflets...Im sure there is a link to the DANGER tract on here somewhere but Im finding it difficult to locate. Will keep trying.

• iknowall558
  • ziddina
    ziddina

"My 'Danger' leaflets are for the public. Its to make them aware of the religion that JWs are offering to them. This religion messes up peoples lives. It is Dangerous!... The people who find JWs at their door only see the suits and smiling faces of these pleasant, polite, god-loving people...."

Too terribly true... There is a lovely but somewhat 'naive' Roman Catholic/Republican couple in my neighborhood who were quite surprised to find out that I was an ex-JW, and even more surprised - and DISBELIEVING of the information I laid before them - at the ugly, dirty little secrets hidden behind those "suits and smiling faces of these pleasant, polite, god-loving people...."

It took quite a bit of effort to nudge them away from their stubborn misperception of the JWs as "nice" people... I'm still not sure they understand how nasty the WTBTS is, but having just purchased a number of older WTBTS books, I'm going to look thru them and find some of those inflammatory comments about Christianity and specifically the Catholic Church, and show them to that couple...

[This was the same knuckleheaded Republican couple who neglected to photograph a Middle-Eastern-looking guy who was going thru their mailbox, after I'd called the wife and told her -- VERY SPECIFICALLY - what was going on with that guy and their mailbox... WHILE HE WAS STILL SNOOPING thru the mailbox!! I couldn't get my 35mm out there fast enuf, but THEY had cell-phones with photo abilities at the time...]

Some people are just plain dense...

Zid

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Keep up the good work, it's important IMO to "get it out of your system" not that I say this is a phase or what ever but if you need to do something...then do it , it's part of the healing process or it's just what you want to do to make a difference and help others.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Iknowall558,

Thank you for the article!! Their own literature is the most damning of all!! I completely agree with your desire to expose them for what they really are!! We owe it to our God to do just that!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

There is a lovely but somewhat 'naive' Roman Catholic/Republican couple in my neighborhood who were quite surprised to find out that I was an ex-JW, and even more surprised - and DISBELIEVING of the information I laid before them - at the ugly, dirty little secrets hidden behind those "suits and smiling faces of these pleasant, polite, god-loving people...."

Zid,

Refer your Catholic/Republican neighbors to A Catholic Critique of Jehovah's Witnesses. This is an excellent rebuttal of WT teachings, written for Catholics but useful for anybody facing WT indoctrination.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I like this quote because you don't have to have an ancient magazine in your pocket.

You just take them to their official website and search for 'expose' and click the first hit...... and show them the end of the article.

By taking a closer look at what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and how they adhere to what the Bible teaches, you can be blessed with the freedom that the truth provides. (John 17:17) There is no reason to fear the truth. Remember Jesus' promise: "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."—John 8:32.

• teel
    teel
    Refer your Catholic/Republican neighbors to A Catholic Critique of Jehovah's Witnesses. This is an excellent rebuttal of WT teachings, written for Catholics but useful for anybody facing WT indoctrination.

I started reading the article, but when I got to this point:

That a person with no other equipment than a knowledge of the English
    language and a seventeenth century English translation of the Bible in his
    hands is qualified to decide all matters of eternal consequence for himself
    and the rest of mankind, is the ridiculous conclusion to which the principle
    of private judgment can finally be brought.

I stopped here. The writer is no better than the GB, this above quote fits perfectly in any WT; he just believes in something else, and wants to enforce that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit