Only Baptised JW's make it through Armageddon

by ForbiddenFruit 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

I remember the day that I first found out about this teaching. It was during a CO's visit, he got up on the platform, and made it absolutely clear that the ONLY way to get into Paradise was to be a Baptised JW (he had a letter from the Borg saying this). I was confused by this, and the next day I was set to work with him in the ministry. As a 13 year old, he sat me down in his car and told me that the ONLY way I would see my family and friends again, is if I were to get baptised immediately. He said there is not much time left, and that it had to be done very very soon. He said he told me this not because my neck was on the line, but because he loved me....

Well, 4 years later and I'm still alive...

Anyway, I asked a good JW friend of mine to do research on this for me, and although it doesn't say this in the Reasoning Book, several other publications say this, and also relate it to when Blood had to be marked on the doors to survive, saying that all un-baptised ones do not have the "mark".

I've heard this being taught at District Conventions at the likes now, and it was one of the things that set me off from a young age that something is just not right in this "religion". I remember going home after the CO said that and crying for hours, afraid I'd never see my family again and that my un-baptised friends were going to die with me.

So yah, who else has been told similar things and agrees it's crazy?

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

I always get pissed off when I hear this bullshit.Why do you have to get baptised if you don't want too?

• nelly136
    nelly136

fear is a great control mechanism,

in the old days people would pay so they could get into heaven, its just a modern take on that.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It's crazy alright. If you do the exact opposite to the advice you get from the JW's through their publications you will have a happy & meaningful life. They are all zombies. I walked out of the KH 22 years ago and have never looked back.

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

Yeap, ever since deciding to dump this cult, I've been FAR happier than I ever dreamed of being when I was in it.

• fokyc
    fokyc

AND You must attend ALL the meetings; this includes Circuit and District Assemblies

at those meetings YOU must sing out loud and answer up regularly in the Watchtower study etc.

You must be regular in the field service.

What a load of crap!

• blondie
    blondie

The point here is does the bible say that the mark is being a baptized jw.

It is the WTS INTERPRETATION.

Russell and the early Bible Students did not teach that all non-Bible Students were going to be destroyed at Armageddon at 1914; only that secular governments and religion, the infrastructure of human society was going to be destroyed. Not all people outside their group.

Notice that this verse talks about "sighing and groaning." Many jws of my era thought that meant non-jws who were sad and concerned about conditions on the earth.

(Ezekiel 9:4) . . .And Jehovah went on to say to him: “Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.”

*** Proclaimers (jv) chap. 12 p. 165 The Great Crowd to Live in Heaven? Or on Earth? ***The prophecy says that the ones marked would be “sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done” in the midst of Christendom, or antitypical Jerusalem. (Ezek. 9:4) Surely, then, they could not be deliberately sharing in those detestable things. The first volume of Vindication therefore identified those having the mark as being people who refuse to be part of the church organizations of Christendom and who in some way take their stand on the Lord’s side.

----------------------

Now the WTS teaches this:

*** w08 7/15 pp. 5-6 par. 11 The House-to-House Ministry—Why Important Now? ***What is the mark? It is the evidence, as if displayed on their uncovered foreheads, that such sheep are dedicated, baptized disciples of Jesus Christ and that they have put on the Christlike new personality. (Eph. 4:20-24) These sheeplike ones become one flock with anointed Christians and assist them in their vital work of marking still others.—Rev. 22:17.

----------------------

So who were the men of goodwill? What is "sighing and groaning" becoming a jw?

*** w52 11/15 p. 679 Marking Those Who Sigh and Cry ***The man with the writer’s equipment was commanded: “Pass through the city—through Jerusalem—and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry for all the abominations that are done in the midst of it.” (Ezek. 9:4, AT) Do we see persons in Christendom sighing and crying because of the abominations in the land, the corruption, the juvenile and adult delinquency, the widespread immorality and lack of integrity in Christendom? We certainly do. In fact, all men of good will, all lovers of righteousness cannot do otherwise than mourn because of such conditions until they find out why God is permitting them and what the outcome will be.

*** w64 11/1 p. 663 Helping Captives to Get Out of Babylon the Great ***However, in the world empire of false religion, Babylon the Great, there are still many unwilling captives. These are honest-hearted ones, lovers of righteousness “that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done” in the midst of both Christendom and the rest of Great Babylon.—Ezek. 9:4.

*** w64 7/1 p. 406 par. 11 “Fully Accomplish Your Ministry” ***But not all are unbelievers. Many, very many, are still held as unwilling captives by Satan. They are “sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done” in Satan’s system of things, and it is part of our commission to “preach a release to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind.”—2 Cor. 4:4; Ezek. 9:4; Luke 4:18.

*** tp73 chap. 8 pp. 95-96 par. 14 Who Will the Survivors Be? ***To be among the survivors of the coming world destruction, we must be like those whom God spared when he permitted the armies of Babylon to destroy Jerusalem. These persons marked for survival were described as “sighing and groaning over all the detestable things” that were being done in the midst of the city. (Ezekiel 9:4)

• booby
    booby

*** es10 p. 47 May ***
    May
    Saturday, May 1
    Put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done.-Ezek. 9:4.
    Following that marking work, six men with slaughtering weapons are commanded to execute all those who do not have the mark. (Ezek. 9:1-6) Ezekiel's vision highlights one reason why our ongoing search for people who are "sighing and groaning" is so urgent. It involves lives. Soon, Jehovah's heavenly executional forces, represented by the six men with weapons, will destroy those who do not have the symbolic mark. Concerning that coming judgment, the apostle Paul wrote that the Lord Jesus, accompanied by "his powerful angels," will bring "vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus." (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) Notice that people will be judged on the basis of their response to the good news. Hence, the proclamation of God's message must continue unabated right to the end.-Rev. 14:6, 7. w08 7/15 1:10, 12

so if you are in china and never heard of jw's = have not responded to the good news, sorry you are toast. well okay bird food.

also this from that watchtower *** w08 7/15 p. 6 par. 14 The House-to-House Ministry-Why Important Now? ***
    14 As important as the preservation of human life is, there is a far greater reason for preaching from house to house. In the prophecy recorded at Malachi 1:11, Jehovah declares: "From the sun's rising even to its setting my name will be great among the nations, and . . . a presentation will be made to my name, even a clean gift; because my name will be great among the nations." In fulfillment of this prophecy, Jehovah's dedicated servants are publicly praising his name in all the earth as they humbly carry out their ministry. (Ps. 109:30; Matt. 24:14) Rendering "a sacrifice of praise" to Jehovah is our foremost reason for preaching publicly and from house to house.-Heb. 13:15.

notice that the main reason or purpose of the preaching is not even the saving of lives. rather it is the stroking of jehovah's ego.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Omg, this is EXACTLY what happened to my 13 year old daughter only a couple of years ago. Our "PO" was giving a talk and said if you weren't a baptized jw you would die at Armageddon. I was so brainwashed and stopped really hearing a long time ago, but my daughter heard it loud and clear. She went home and secretly cried and it wasn't until this last year when we were getting out, that she told me about that incident and how she cried and how scared and upset she was. We both cried and I told her everything was going to be ok, we're leaving. These idiots forget these young, tender hearts sitting in the audience and don't mind scaring the sh*# out of them.

Welcome FF, thanks for sharing.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I understood that you needed to have your robes washed white in the blood of the lamb in baptism. In Pauls theology justification through baptism allows for sanctification which allows you to be holy. You must be holy as God is holy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit