jws' proud of the wt's money

by rockmehardplace 12 Replies latest jw friends

• alanv
    alanv

It's strange that when I was a witness I used to think about the money and where it went.

I used to think the magazines were so cheap they couldn't be making much money from them.

What I forgot of course was although there is only a little profit on one magazine or book, when you are dealing with hundreds of millions of publications then it is a different story.

• peaches
    peaches

its tradgic....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They should be proud of whatever value they put into society, not the paycheck they bring into the parent organization. So what if the Washtowel Slaveholdery is making billions? What value are they putting into society for it? And, what value are you helping them put into society when you support it?

This also goes for building projects. I can remember when 90 Sands Street was under construction. They put so much pride into that piece of sxxx that one would think I should forget my own lack of personal fulfillment and be glad they got another 2 or 3 damn stories on that ugly eyesore during the past year. To me, just because they put another few stories onto the building, why should I be happy? Does it mean I am going to start attracting the opposite sex just because of it? I don't think so--so they shouldn't have tried to stifle my needs because they added those few floors. And they wonder why I am not only not proud of it (the private sector has built much bigger buildings in the same amount of time), but that I have turned against it. If Jehovah is going to tell me "Forget your damn sex--I am going to build a building instead", then I am going to hope for everything that can go wrong with that building to actually go wrong (including striking workers, accidents where the whole building comes crashing down, shortages of materials, money shortages, permits falling through, getting taxed out of business, and citizens protesting that ugly eyesore and noise- and pollution-generating structure going up).

I, for one, am not proud of what dead works the Washtowel Slaveholdery has accomplished. It is a complete waste of everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit