WOW!! The Finished Mystery SCAN showing Jesus was WORSHIPPED and was THE GOD!!!

by Lady Liberty 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Let me clarify, I have not found a statement to that extent in any of Russell's publications. I understand that the finished mystery is not accepted by the Bible Students, that is why it is not found at the website, www.ctrussell.us.

As I stated the foreword says that Fisher and Woodworth compiled the FM using previous statements by Russell in his publications. To date I have not found the one re Revelation 5:8 attributing it to meaning Jesus is God or that substance.

• designs
    designs

Russell's vol. The Atonement takes the KJV Revelation position of calling Jesus 'Almighty', by assignment in Russell's opinion.

Maternal grandparents were original IBS.

• carla
    carla

Issa said, "So the WT actually taught the Deity of Christ during the inspection. Quite interesting- Thanks!"-- I suppose a jw would simply say the light got brighter? but, wouldn't it nag at them that this was being taught during the so called inspection?

• designs
    designs

Carla,

Within the IBS and the early JWs there was a range of positions on the basic Arius position, there own version of High and Low Christology. The IBS Christology is considered High in terms of use of Lord/God/Almighty etc. whereas F.Franz systematically over the course of 30 years sought to reassign terms and expressions that might cast Jesus in a competing Diety position.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Designs, so this is not really incompatible with their current theology, but mainly a shifting of terms?

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's another reason to regard a copy of The Finished Mystery as a worthwhile investment: it's fun to refer to some of its most remarkable passages -- many of them some of the nuttiest the WTBTS has ever published--- in casual conversation with JWs.

• designs
    designs

Hi Isaac, yes pretty much. Its one of the modern JWs stranger points of contago, people like to relate to Jesus since he is considered the closet to the Divine that we can put a face on and yet he is held aloof at the same time by the Anointed/Great Crowd paradigm. In one of the Letter's I received from Headquarters they readily admitted the Greatest Man book was their most popular, but there was always that wall or barrier that existed about getting to close to this Jesus.

Strange journey.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Designs,

Would it be possible to give us page and para. numbers for the bit where Jesus is called Almighty, I have had a quick scan through it and cannot find the reference.

I probably skipped over it, but that sounds more explosive than the one from FM quoted above, JW's have no problem with Jesus being called "a" God, or mighty God, they can rationalise that, but Almighty is different.

A page ref. would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wobble

• Terry
    Terry

My former best friend who is still an active JW (and has been since 1957) has stated to me on many an occasion: "I don't consider anything the Society published before, say, 1925 to be worth reading."

Ha! How convenient.

Proof of anything, to a Jehovah's Witness, is proof of nothing.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Terry,

Who does your friend think was the DFS before 1925 then ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit