good JW friend new DF but thinks it is the truth HELP

by Found Sheep 12 Replies latest social current

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

What can I do to help her in the NEW faze of DF to help her see the truth of the "ttruth"

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

what am i doing wrong? I posted 207 and seem to get no feed back when I post? I am a good ex jw and this is my LIFE!!! no one seems to care what i say? lonely wx JW

• badseed
    badseed

I think it takes a while for most to start seeing the truth as it is. I was talking to my DF son a few years ago and mentioned this site. He still thought it was bad to be on an apostate site even though he has been out for more than ten years. You can always tell your friend to start reading here.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Is she willing to listen to you? To have an in-depth conversation?

Just be positive about the experience of being OUT of the Borg and tell her how glad you are that she is finally out from under the control of the local elders. Get her to give you her experience and you can try to emphasize the horrible degrading and humiliating control the elders had over her. Respectfully, of course; you don't want to sound apostate or anything.

Then, have her over and show her jwfacts.com and freeminds.org and selections from Crisis of Conscience, if she's up for it.

Stay POSITIVE about life OUT of the Borg. I think that is the key thing because it goes against everything they're warned about.

Hope this helps. Also, be patient for responses. Sometimes threads take hours or days to take off and then they run for many pages. Hang in there! You're not alone.

• blondie
    blondie

Are you romantically interested in her?

Was she df'd for a moral fault, fornication, adultery; or perhaps smoking, drugs?

It tends to be a "character" weakness when it is one of the above rather than a questioning of whether the WTS is right or wrong in its teachings. These people tend to be df'd not because they disagree with the moral requirement, but rather that they feel they are not strong enough to resist it.

I have found many df'd people to still believe it is "the truth" even while they are living with their boy/girlfriend or puffing away still. It is not that the WTS, "the truth," has failed them but they have failed "the truth."

It is better to sound them out as to anything they might feel is not right about the teachings.

Love, Blondie

• yknot
    yknot

Start by talking to her......

Asking leading questions.......

Set her up to receive the 'truth about the troof'.........reverse FS if you will.

(or simply send her an anonymous greeting card, welcoming her out, acknowledging her fear while conveying untold hope in finally being able to truly examine and make all things sure.....signing it with JWN's addy)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

thank you!!! she will listen to me once we get a chance to talk... her family has been suportive she did the adultry to leave her husband thing... but thinks it is the truth.... we are in a rural area and have about 20 in the congregation and i have not been to the KH in 2 years but it is a close congregation just because there is not too many people.... i left my elder JW husband 2 years ago....

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

She needs to do her own research. My point that I like to encourage them is to research 607BC. If 607Bc is wrong, then JC never returned in 1914 and FDS was never chosen in 1919 thus making GB a fraud. Point to past teachings of 1799, 1874 and 1878, 1925 and the latest one of 1975. Why did they teach 1874 for some 50 years before changing it to 1914? Thy Kingdom Come book is an excellent read as to what crazy stuff Russell taught.

• peaches
    peaches

found sheep....I CARE VERY MUCH.....do your best,,,,that is all you can do....peaches...

• cult classic
    cult classic

It is not that the WTS, "the truth," has failed them but they have failed "the truth."

Excellent way to explain that Blondie

I had a friend who was disfellowshipped. When I heard I reached out to them in an effort to rekindle our friendship. She was excited to remain friends but must have realized that if I was willing to continue our friendship I must not be doing "well in the truth"........... haven't heard from her again.

So I want to say proceed with caution while maintaining integrity about what you know to be true. If a DF'd person hasn't cut the cord they can turn on you in a minute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit