How many meetings did you actually enjoy?

by nugget 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I've done some soul-searching on this thread, and for me it was three things.

I liked that total sense of acceptance when I had prepared completely for a "study" (ha ha) and I was all underlined and highlighted in my Watchtower or bookstudy book and I put my hand up to answer and I heard my own voice giving the answer in my own unique words over the sound system and then I was told "Excellent answer, sister."

Do psychologists have a word for that? Oh yes, self-brainwashing combined with liking the sound of your own voice.

And then I liked it very much when I was sitting next to a cute guy I liked. That happened a few times. We were so "spiritual" together.

I think I know the words for that. Sexual attraction.

Then also, waiting to see where everyone was going for milkshakes or burgers, and once we were older, for drinks, after the meeting, and whether I'd be invited again tonight. Or whether I should make a plan and do the inviting, just in case.

That was pure teen socialization.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only the ones where I got a phone call saying they had to cancel the whole thing.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

2 hour series of 35mm slides of all the foreign countries they visited.

I too was going say none, but I have sat through a number of enjoyable travellogs by different JWs over the years.

But when it comes to actuall run of the mill programming/schedule prettymuch zero enjoyment.

I would have to give every watchtower study a

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I remember back in the 70s someone in our circuit went overseas to Jerusalem and the “Holy Lands” and the Sunday meeting was the slideshow of the pictures of their trip. I was just a kid at the time but I remember thinking how cool it was.

I disagree with 5thGen about being “content”. It’s like asking a caged bird if they are “content”. Yep, sure they are, because they’re getting fed and are safe from predators. But they’re not really free to enjoy life to the fullest.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I always enjoyed the final "Amen".

• nelly136
    nelly136

the ones i missed, the assembly ones where i was volunteering and didnt have to sit through.

the foreign visitors and their slide shows where they talked about themselves where they came from, and you got a break from the usual tedium.

the best one was a usa couple talking about all their travels, the lady went on after about how her dog had its own hairdresser and loved having its nails painted.

vague memories of the bethel christmas parties and smoking slides?

actually thinking about slides has just reminded me of the days pre computer discs when one of the local elders would come round to my nans house and show us slide shows of his trips to america as a guest visiting different congregations.............disney world and places that always seemed to take up most of the show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit