Fred Franz' speaking style

by Eiben Scrood 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

In an act of pure self-masochism, I listened to this talk:

http://www.archive.org/details/WhatIsTheSignficanceOf1975

His manner of speaking is so aggravating! The way he enunciates every syllable as if every little word he says is of utmost significance - of life and death importance! What a responsibility for ruined lives lay at this deluded man's feet! And to think he never expressed remorse...

At least the blame can be fully placed on him. Their new light on overlapping generations can't be placed on any one person but certainly rivals the 1975 teaching as the purest of bullshit. They just never learn.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I remember straining to stay awake during a Fred Franz talk when I was a kid. It was HORRIBLE. Not only was he too old to be able to see any notes to go by, he was too old to be able to see a clock and realize how FREAKING LONG he was babbling on for.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Though I never heard him speak, I certainly heard of his speaking style!

Lord, please have mercy on us.

Sylvia

• whereami
    whereami

Ahhhhh... that voice!!!!!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember being over-awed by him as a teenager. I thought that someday I would acquire enough wisdom to understand him. Didn't realize it was all BS.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm getting flashbacks of those loooooong assemblies when I was a kid back in the 1960s.

7 days at Yankee stadium in July. Hot, humid.

Program starting at 1:30PM .... not ending until 9PM.

And then Bro. Franz often having the last talk of the evening ... and going on, and on, and on, and on .....

Then an hour subway ride packed like sardines and finally another 30 minutes or so in the car.

With all the crowds, we were usually back home sometime around mid-night. And then, do it again the next day .. and the next ... and the next ....

Rub a Dub

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I remember being over-awed by him as a teenager. I thought that someday I would acquire enough wisdom to understand him. Didn't realize it was all BS.

And so you did eventually acquire enough wisdom to understand him -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit