Do/Did you have comfortable chairs in your KH?

by african GB Member 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

it is so difficult to endure JW meetings....now could you imagine having to go through it sitting on an uncomfortable chair?

Anyone with a bad KH chair experience???

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No. Most of them had the kind of chairs that would send folks into Roid Rage.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This Kingdom Hall chair had to be sent back..

The nails were pointing the wrong way..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• highdose
    highdose

our seemed to develope a suspisous looking water mark in the seat part.......... make of that what you will.........

• blondie
    blondie

When I was young and went to the KH from 1955 to 1965, the congregations had folding metal chairs, very uncomfortable. One of the first things most congregations I attended did when they remodeled was to get more comfortable chairs, ones for 2 hours. I can remember one congegation had a revolt on their hands when the BOE subsituted other chairs that were like rocks. They were sent back after some uproar, with some even going to a neighboring congregation because of it. (BTW the PO was to be getting a personal kickback on it)

• nelly136
    nelly136

i can honestly say i never ever sat on a comfy chair either at a hall or an assembly. i think the borg holds the license on finding the most bum unfriendly seats. whether they be metal wooden slatted or the moulded plastic, the wood and plastic padded are an optical illusion of comfort, not just as hard as rock but sweaty too. stadium seats are designed with a match duration of approximately 90 minutes with a break in the middle, more crowd partitioning than practical seating, bearing in mind that their patrons bums wll be spending little to no time in contact with them as theyre either be jumping up or standing through the match, definately not all day seating by any stretch of the imagination.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

They must have been comfy in my hall, my JW ex would always go right to sleep.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

1956-1960 Molded wooden nailed to the floor.

1960-1967 Folding metal Absolute torture. I don't know why we did it. And we used these at most assemblies too. I mean, seriously.

1967-1973 Padded, upholstered permanent seats. Not bad.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I remember old theater seats in one khall in the '70's.

At book study when I was a tot, they had folding metal chairs. Now, remember the dress style for small girls back then? When we sat down, our dresses would be above our bare thighs and stick to the freezing seat. When we tried to get unstuck, it stung and so did the slap on our thighs for fidgeting. It was a no win situation with stupid cult and stupid parents. I swear, they really do hate kids.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

If you don't have hemmorroids when you arrive at my former kingdom hall, you will have them after a two hour meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit