Jesus' second coming in 1919....What proof?

by hubert 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Moshe, I think after a few beers, I might be able to make some sense out of that, too.

This reminds me of something I read about called "Are cats for Christians?" and is located in "Shaun's research/jwfacts" web site.

Kind of on the same circular reasoning idea. I don't know how to post it here, but it's funny.

I am pleased that j.w.'s can't prove this question. Now I have to get busy and re-read "Captives of a Concept", and set up my research information before meeting up with this guy again.

Hubert

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Quite frankly the WTS and the IBSA were very much Christendom in their beliefs and what they did, the only

thing that stood them apart was the distribution of literature, a somewhat unassuming door to door Adventist organization,

but they had their selling catch and that was of course that Christ has returned and has put forth his spirit force

through the WTS. organization, only with them and nowhere else.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

So if Jehovah or Jesus or a tag team of both of them CHOSE the Witnesses in 1919 as the PERFECT group to represent them...why would they have chosen a group who was celebrating CHRISTMAS? and BIRTHDAYS? both of which the Borg was solidly doing at the time. And if God chose a group was doing those things as His People...then how can His People then dispose of those things as "evil" later? Particularly since the bible says that you cannot make UNCLEAN what God has declared CLEAN.

There is a lot of evidence that they are NOT the chosen ones...and absolutely ZERO evidence that they ARE.

• hubert
    hubert

That makes a lot of sense, Wuzlov. I never looked at it that way before. Thanks.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit