Dub....dubs ?

by upnorth 17 Replies latest jw friends

• upnorth
    upnorth

I've seen that----> (dubs or dub) used quite a few times but haven't connected it to anything.

Could someone 'splain it to me

Thanks, it's early spring time uphere and my brain is not completely thawed

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

dub is an expression used on here to refer to JW's.

sorta like George W.(dubya) Bush.. :)

• tec
    tec

JW's.

J Dubs

I hope that's right, cause its what I've assumed.

Tammy

• I quit!
    I quit!

It is a shortened form of Jehovah's Witness. JWs to J-dubs to plain old Dubs.

• Nellie
    Nellie

It's how you pronounce the letter "W" - Dub

So J Dub is equal to JW or shortened to just Dub.

You'll also see borg - used in place of org (organization) and a nod to the Borg from Star Trek and how singleminded they were (we won't mention the fact that they were evil as well).

You'll see "witless" instead of "witness" and "Jehoba" (and other variations) - I don't think I need to explain those!

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

Years ago while knocking on doors a gentleman referred to us as "Jehovahs Nitwits". The sister I was working with got upset with me because I started laughing. Hey...I thought it was funny!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

OP, just want to say that bug in your post freaked me out. had me hitting my phone screen.

• shamus100
    shamus100

You've got a bug on your screen.

Kiss me!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The evolution of Dub..

JW..JAY-Double U..

Dub..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The origin is W (Dub-L-U) as in JW. Also, and this just popped into my head, there are many other meanings of the word "dub" that fit:

1. Making an exact copy of a tape recording. A tape of a tape of a tape...very Borg-like

2. An awkward, unskilled person

3. To execute poorly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit