My brothers wedding...

by IronHill 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

It still amazes me that dubs can shun family yet ask them for financial help.

That sounds JUST like my sister! The girl is mentally ill (besides the point) but she is exactly THAT way! This girl will not even LOOK at me if I run into her in public (she will cover my lil nieces eyes so SHE doesn't see me either) and she has flat out told me that I am DEAD to she and her daughter and that she wants nothign to do with me. But the oddest thing happens when she is in dire straights and needs money and knows my parents will give her a fat NO....all of a sudden she has no problem calling me and NEEDS me. I used to give in and let her have whatever she needed, but anymore - HELL NO!

Basically, although you are doing the noble thing - you are allowing yourself to be used. Do you realize that? I know it's your brother and that's family, but family wouldn't SHUN each other or play emotional games (you're not invited but could you contribute?) and they wouldn't allow men telling them NOT to do something to be their guide in life.

• yknot
    yknot

...... you could 'crash' the reception......

I mean you just naturally 'assumed' you would be welcomed with help paying for the cake and all

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Ok . . . . I'm sorry, but WTF?????!!!!!! I almost fell off my chair when I read this post. First of all, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this BS! Your brother, his wife, and any family in the f-ing cult should know better! If your brother and his wife cannot afford to get a cake, and if no one in the cult is offering one up, they should not have one! JW's have to be some of the tackiest people on Earth!! Please tell me they AT LEAST saved some for you and your wife? My guess is no. While we're on the subject of cake, why is it that every JW seems to turn into the GoodYear Blimp a year or two after they marry?! These people all seem to age twice the rate of those who are not in it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear this. You did a kind thing, but there's a fine line between being kind and being taken advantage of. Probably the reason you didn't get an invitation is because the reception is listed on it as well as the ceremony.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

How dreadful for you to be treated like this....I have a motto these days...it goes 'Dont let anyone put you down; and dont do it to yourself'

You're getting a double whammy here

Loz x

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

tell him you will pay for the cake on one condition..... ITS DEVILSFOOD CAKE lol

• LoriJis
    LoriJis

This is Ironhill's wife. You know what gets me even more. We paid for a cake we diidnt even see a pic of. They went and put it under our name and told us how much and where to go. If it weren't for the lady when we went to pay showing us a pic, we would have no idea. And BTW no they didnt save us a piece.

Also, my husband mentioned the girls getting invted. Tell me this isn't f&*%d up. They invite my husband's ex-wife to the reception who was just reinstared 2 days before. Man that is some crazy sh%^.

We went to the ceremony and my mother in law looked away when we got there and then at the end we went to congratulate his brother and his new wife and he thanked us for coming - after making us sit in the front with her side of the family like a display - but his new wife turned away when we went to congratulate her. We were trying to be nice.

It amazes me how people can be. Side note, we got married at the hall before dissassociating and the elder who married us was there and didnt even look at us - and adding insult to injury it was my husband's best friend for over 15 years.

Yea - i wanna go back to that......HELL NO

• Scully
    Scully

Sorry to hear how rudely you and IronHill were treated, LoriJis.

The audacity to order the cake and put your name on it for payment, and not even save a piece for you.... un-frikkin-believable. The bride can shun you when you go to congratulate her? Knowing that YOU paid for her damn cake??? What an ungrateful piece of work.

On the way out of that "lovefest" at the KH, I would love to have shouted... "Enjoy that cake we bought for y'all.... hope you choke on it!"

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

This religion makes people lose natural affection.

Bangalore

• its_me!
    its_me!

Ironhill and LoriJis--- I am so sorry that you were both slighted that way. Its pretty gross how you both were treated. But it is typical. I totally agree with Carla--- We can shun you and treat you like you are Satan's spawn, but we can ask you for money and take help from you financially. Disgusting. I am so glad that you two have eachother. And the whole situation reinforces your decisions to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit