How do Angels Fly?

by Yan Bibiyan 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Another post (here is credit due to Shawn: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/192513/1/I-made-it ) inspired me to ask the question:

How the heck do Angels Fly?

It is an anatomic impossibility. Birds (especially birds that fly), have an enormous breast muscle and supporting breast bone in order to flap them mighty wings.

If angels are spirit creatures, and therefore I guess weightless, why the heck do they need wings? If they somehow resemble humans anatomically, then those wings seem to be just a 50-100lb backpacked deadweight.

What gives? The godly directed, yet not inspired, vision of the WT artists, the delusions of Brooklyn in general, the magnetic field of the Earth?

What do you think?

-Yan

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Wings are only of use in Earth's atmosphere - so angels must be earth bound the same as demons.

“C uriouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English). “Now I’m opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!”

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Keep in mind, asking how angels can fly is like asking how a cow could jump over the moon. (and a dish run away with a spoon)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If angels are spirit creatures, and therefore I guess weightless, why the heck do they need wings? If they somehow resemble humans anatomically, then those wings seem to be just a 50-100lb backpacked deadweight.

Winged angels are just a human representation, anyway.

BTS

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I would have thought at least Business Class.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i am sure they get the window seat

• cantleave
    cantleave

How do pigs fly? more to the point.

flying pig Royalty Free Stock Vector Art Illustration

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Really huge farts...

I'm sure that winged representations of angels are purely a human convention. To us, wings represent flight...it's a metaphor. Notice that some angels in the Bible don't have wings at all..the messenger angels sent to warn humans or talk to them often don't have them. Only cherubs and the archangels and seraphs...I guess rank and file angels look like very attractive humans, at least most of the time, when they manifest to humans.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I guess rank and file angels look like very attractive humans, at least most of the time, when they manifest to humans.

You can't look at them and live. Didn't you see "Raiders of the Lost Ark"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit