Do you know what you think you know?

by bluecanary 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

After leaving the JWs, I question not only their doctrine but EVERYTHING I learned from them. The other day I was talking religion with my BF and he said something about how the angels can't procreate. I said, yeah they did when they saw the pretty women, had relations with them and created the nephilim before the flood. He didn't recall that. I'm left wondering if that was really in the Bible or if it was one of those JW things.

That's just one example. Do you find yourself questioning things that you took for granted before?

• tec
    tec

I questioned everything as well - including the doctrine or not of hell- and I did my own study of the bible to find my own answers (not using the NWT translation).

On a side note, that story about angels, daughters, and nephilim is in the Bible.

Tammy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Been there, done that. Then I began to question EVERYTHING the other churches tried to teach too. Then EVERYTHING the Bible had to say. Then EVERYTHING that religion in general teaches, affects.

All that questioning was the best thing I ever did in my life. I not only got free from Jw lies, but from lies in all religion, and lies in the Bible.

Skepticism has a very positive side. I heartily recommend it.

Jeff

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I started out questioning everything the JW's told me.

Then I read the bible cover to cover 5 times and started questioning everything

the bible says.

Then I read Dawkins and Darwin and I question everything that they say that is religious

and not scientific.

Sooner or later you realize you dont know whats going on.

Just death and taxes.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Preaching to quire, Jeff. I am an atheist. What I mean is not being sure of whether something is an established fact. Either the bit about the nephilim is included in the Bible or not. I don't mean whether or not it really happened.

Too true, jaguar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit