When the meetings seem endless....

by XPeterX 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

Put a non-jw book inside a false book cover....unless you find all reading boring.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Hollow-Book

Hollowed out books.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I use to just take a nap.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

While reading a posting on this board years ago, I saw a poster who suggested a few matches of "Bullshit Bingo" to make the time pass much more quickly. This game can be played with a parter, or by yourself.

Of course, it's patterened office the traditional game of bingo.

What you do is write a list of the typical bullshit terms that are bound to appear in the talks, for example - the faithful and discrete slave; theocratic outlook/perspective; worldly pursuits orwordly people; Jehovah's loving provision, etc. I suppose that you can get my meaning. Each time one of these terms is spoken from the podium, you cross out.

More elaborate forms of the game miight include constructing grids and assigning a certain number of point for each words.

Those who feel especially daring might consider mumbling "bullshit" under their breath and into the palm of their hand.

I believe that if someone does a search for "bullshit bingo" they may get a few hits.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I would mentally grope myself.

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

When I was younger...actually probably up to 16 or so, I'd see how long I could hold my breath. I'd time it with a watch with a second hand. I don't think I got past about 45 seconds.

I'd also do what everyone else said....take bathroom breaks, and water breaks. I'd time them so I could break up each part of the meeting. I'd also read other parts of the watchtower; I especially enjoyed the personal experiences 'cause at least those were more like a novel.

Sometimes I'd re-read the scary parts of the bible like when that guy was killed for touching the ark of the covenant or when Lot's (was it Lot?) daughters were sent outside to the townsmen. Icky.

• crapola
    crapola

I guess that is why so many people make trips to the bathroom and stand in the back. SO many bored people.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I used to think about sex a lot...there's nothing like the combination of repression and boredom to make me really horny. I used to lean over and whisper dirty stuff in my husband's ear to see if I could make him snicker.

• darthfader
    darthfader

As a kid I wasn't allowed any paper to draw on or I would doodle and not pay attention. So the only thing I could do was take 1 minute cat-naps until my parents caught me and pinched me to stay awake. Then I'd stare mindlessly into space until I fell asleep again.

• dgp
    dgp

Interesting.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I would take the kids in the back room to play, then either play games or read news on my Blackberry. If anyone walked in, I'd quickly drop the Blackberry in my pocket and no one ever caught on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit