Please help. What's the new P.O. called?

by 5thGeneration 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

CBOE

Chief Bastard Of Elders

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I liked overseer has racial connotations here in the south.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...overseer has racial connotations here in the south.

A hundred and fifty years ago maybe...

I haven't seen too many slave overseers in my lifetime...but call me an ignorant Southerner...

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Get a job as supervisor in a predominatly black workplace and demand to be called "overseer" ...

• undercover
    undercover
    Get a job as supervisor in a predominatly black workplace and demand to be called "overseer" ...

I guess "boss man" isn't too hip either...

How belittling if you have to call your employer, "sir"...

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Why does every bloody thing become about race these days?

A topic about what they call the P.O. becomes about race somehow.

Getting tired of all the friggin' liberal race baiters.

• undercover
    undercover

You're right 5th...

I apologize for allowing myself to be partly responsible for hi-jacking the original subject...

• Smoky
    Smoky

Did all the Elder position names change? (eg..WT conductor, school conductor, bible study conductor..etc)

Are MS still called MS? Are Pioneers still Pioneers?

What do they call in Inactive brother? Brother?

smokey

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

No worries UC!

I wonder if the Society changes things deliberately to throw inactive people off guard. It's harder to fake it when things change all the time.

I had a friend who until recently was an elder and provided me all the current scoops but he stopped going too.

5th

P.S. Yes, smoky. I hope some that still attend can keep us up-to-date with Jehovah's Celestial Chariot! I used to hate when I was zealous and you could tell when people were trying to fake it!

• St George of England
    St George of England

No other names changed. I always thought this to be the start of other reorganisational changes. I thought there may become Circuit Co-ordinators and so on.

We went through a similar change at work about 15 years ago; Managers became Unit Co-ordinators, Senior Managers became Area Co-ordinators and so on.

Probably just to get rid of the term 'Presiding' so he didn't think he was superior to the other elders.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit