So your telling me you can be an a**hole until you get bapitized, and other tales...

by Confuzzled 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yes Confuzzled it is scary to hear JWs the world over all repeating the same terms. Of course we were taught while in, that that was the "Pure Language" we were speaking. Just mind control. It is really scary when you talk to ex JWs and you all have similar family history, parents occupation, etc.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Oh my God. Tales of the JW and Shameless (instead of Rich and Famous)! This whole thing sounds SO terrible that I don't even know what to say. Too many JWs are hypocritical (which I see you are learning in dealing with them)....

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

My own family was just dysfunctional. This family is lovingly dysfuntional. DGP had a point though, it can get nightmarish sometimes. Its like a cult itself, and the whole JW aspect just intensifies everything. Not only are we nuts and overly involved in each others lives, but we're cult members, too! A cult within a cult, lol. Not everybody is a JW, but the ones that are, or at least have a belief system based on it whip it out when they need too. I had a similar family. My mothers family was enormous (I always say him and I have families that rival the Duggars, I'm avoiding giving numbers, here), but my own family imploded, and I think I craved the nuttiness, but as an outsider I'm glad I'm not in the line of fire, exactly.

I'm going to have my large post-baby frozen margarita this summer, and sit back and watch. Maybe nobody will notice when I light the grill using Watchtowers as they try to convince that nephew he drinks to much, or that cousin their boyfriend is a crackhead. Pass the marshmallows!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit