The 'you don't look happy' theory, the anorexic masturbator, and other crazy cunundrums(?)

by freeflyingfaerie 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

So it was that we were having another emotionally charged conversation, my parents and i. In the course of it, they condescendingly told me i wasnt happy, because i just dont look like it to them (they don't even know me anymore, as we have no real relationship-- the never-ending assumptions they make of others infuriates me to no end!!)

my theory~~~ of course df'd family and ex-friends don't look happy to them! What they see (if they ever encounter us) is someone who is DEAD to them, has been publicly flogged emotionally and mentally~~~why would we fake a smile and pretend everything is normal and ok when we see them?

Speaking of DEAD, I asked them if they really feel alright about not having contact with me. The cold reply was something along the lines of 'we're preparing for your eventual death, like the Israelites something something'...and on and on, I forget the rest, as it never ceases to stun me when they talk like this. !!!!!

And I had to mention that I dont feel that priorities are straight when abuses, against children in particular, are allowed, but then its considered a huge crime to pleasure your own self. I said for that ALONE i would never, ever dream of "coming back" , as they say. The response was that 'masturbation' is arousing you sexually (no duh!) and that it could tempt you to fornication (what a wierd word) - and that one should 'deaden themself'-- and that one should 'train' themselves not to enjoy that, like an anorexic trains themself to not enjoy food! --( isnt anorexia a sickness?!) Each day I thank the universe that I woke myself up from the JW coma and am no longer feeding my mind such backward ideas

On a lighter note, the weather has been beautiful

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am sorry to hear your parents are treating you like that. It stuns me that a parent will think it acceptable to write off their own child and talk about their eventual destruction, because they no longer hold the same opinions about the Watchtower corporation. Only a cult could make people so perverse.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

i dont mean to come off as vulgar or anything, i'm using words to vent!!!! i've been having a very difficult time of this. The religion still affects me, even after leaving it. It doesn't seem fair. It isn't fair. They still try to control people once they've chosen a different path by using psychological abuse, basically. There is inner peace that i have freed myself and think for myself, but it still hurts that my choices are not respected by those who used to be closest to me.

• penny2
    penny2
    The cold reply was something along the lines of 'we're preparing for your eventual death

How cruel and disgusting to say this. Once you've been away from the JWs for a while those sort of comments sound ridiculous and laughable as well.

Hope you have the strength to cope with all of this.

penny

• teel
    teel
    'masturbation' is arousing you sexually (no duh!) and that it could tempt you to fornication

Yep, the old slippery slope fallacy. They love that. Don't hold hands, because that leads to kissing, that leads to fondling, that leads to sex. Don't say hello to a DFd, because that leads to more indepth talk, that leads to regular chattings, that leads to close friendship (oh I wish it was that easy...).

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    In the course of it, they condescendingly told me i wasnt happy

This is a diversion tactic, one of many.

Ask yourself, what were you discussing when they tried to derail the conversation?

I found that when they want change the subject it is because they know they are in the crap. Stay with whatever subject it was. Accuse them of just trying to change the subject. Act offended that they would stoop to using such tactics on you. They haven't got the moral high ground to look down on you from, and don't you forget that.

They have to prove everything, just like you do. Insist on it.

They are slippery customers. You have to control the conversation at all times.

Welcome to the forum

Chris

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good frikkin' grief...

Your parents are pieces of work... Comparing self-control to an anorexic... How blatantly obtuse as to the brutal, frequently deadly effects of this disorder...

And to imply that you would be better off emulating that crippled mentality...

Typical mental gymnastics of those trapped in a doomsday, death-oriented cult...

Why don't you do what I did? SHUN THEM!!! (If you can do so...??)

Zid smiley angel devil

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Yes, usually we have no contact. That's a good thing, since discussions get emotional and only end in frustration. But, for right now, i am having to take them up on their offer to watch my little faeries once a week, while i work some on the weekend. I hate having to expose them to my parents' possible mind-workings. I'm looking for a solution to this. That's a whole nother story. It is my goal for my little people and me to be distant from them.. to love them from afar.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Immunise your little faeries to cults in general

Teach Your Faeries How to Think

• Gregor
    Gregor

I would think masturbation would be more like bulemia than anorexia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit