im scared of flying and thinking of hypnosis!

by looloo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

but a small part of me is a little scared as im sure jws taught its wrong to get hypnotised ,because of satan having something to do with it ,am i right ? has anyone been hypnotised ?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Hypnosis is as simple as someone re-writing code for a computer program.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Get hypnotised, let Satan levitate you to your destination and save yourself the airfare.

Think About It

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Post hypnotic suggestion isn't usually effective in the long term, so beware anyone who tells you otherwise. Otherwise, sounds like a good idea. Satan doesn't have anything to do with it. Its a perfectly natural psychological process. Personally I'm not susceptible to it, though.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Even if your hypnotized..You still won`t be able to fly..

Your If you want to fly..

Your going to have to take a plane..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Just take some drugs. They work better.k

LD

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Flyin gis so cool. I loved it the first time I went up and my friend who was taking me up in his own plane got me up there and then told me to take the controls. All I wanted to do was stare at the clouds.

But I did fly the plane for a bit. Still prefer not to be flying the plane though.

Hypnosis can help if you want it to. And that is the thing about hypnosis. It really is mind over fear.

Part of what they do is more desentitization now that doesn't really require a hypnotherapis. (never use a hypnotist - they are for entertainment purposes only) Many psychologists who work with anxieties and phobias could help just as well as a hypnotherapist.

But look If the first time I went up I could fly the plane then going up with a well trained pilot shouldn't be a problem.

And although he didn't let me land the plane I got to taxi it down the runway - and that was really hard work. The "wheel" is not a wheel. On the ground you steer with the foot pedals.

Comanche Twin Engine

• maputo95
    maputo95

I have to take quite a few diazepam before take-off and they work well, I just sleep or move like I'm a bit drunk. Otherwise, I couldn't fly at all.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Tried hypnosis over 25 years ago to quit smoking, dear looloo (peace to you!)... and it didn't work. Therapist said something about me have "too strong a mind" because I never hit that "relax" thing one is supposed to reach so as to go to "sleep." Too much going on up there is MY theory. Kids, work, spouse, house needing cleaning, rent due... work... kids... spouse... you know how it is. Tried other stuff, too - prescription drugs, scare tactics, revulsion therapy (where they put you in a tiny booth with buckets and ashtrays of smelly butts - pun intended). Nothing. Spent close to $3,000. None of the things worked (even the "guaranteed" things) and so I kept smoking.

Until the day my 2.5 year old, clutching his little throat, said, after I'd just lit up in the car, "NO 'moke, Mommy (ack, ack!), NO 'moke!" Threw it out, threw them out... and never touched another one again. That was March 5, 1985. I digress.

Back to your topic (and please forgive my brief departure): I was a "white knuckler," big time. BIG time. Omigosh. I have left scars on people I've grabbed during take off/landing. (I asked my Lord what it was all about and he said it was not because of the lack of control of the plane but more about the reality that I can't get out of it if I need/want to than because I'm not flying it. I pray to GOD that I don't get caught in one of those multi-hour internments on the tarmac that we've been hearing about lately. They've got about 30 minutes to hold me and then they WILL need to call out the authorities. Trust me, I know myself. It once took me 5 appointments and 200 mg of Benadryl to get me through an MRI). I digress again... and please forgive me, again.

Anyway, I tried a lot of things that were supposed to help "calm" me. Valium (didn't do a thing!). Seasick pills. Ear plugs. Being distracted by a talking companion/fellow traveler (whose lungs I wanted to rip right OUT while screaming "You're making it WORSE! STOP talking to me right now!"). Like my hypnosis trial, none of these worked. For a few years, a gin martini right before boarding was the only thing that did the trick. TO some extent. One double right before take off. Cool beans. I was really too "numb" to "feel" the takeoff... at least, to the extent it caused me any alarm. But those wear off (unless you order more on the plane, which I don't - don't want to fall on my... well, you know... when I am deboarding).

Then one day, as I was flying, the martini didn't kick in. No, that's not quite right: it kicked in but wore off WAY much sooner than I anticipated. And for a hot second I started to panic. I could feel it coming on. But it didn't get far, this time. This time, I went into my "Okay, please let me be okay, Lord," mode... and before I could really get the entire request out, my Lord said to me, "What, you think they're going to stop the plane now? Just redirect it to the the next landing strip because YOU can't handle it? You're on the plane, child, and 30,000 feet above the earth. They're not going to stop and they're not going turn around and take you back. Even if you go ballistic. The plane is in the air and it will be... until it lands. One way or the other. Either way, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, now. You're here. But I'm here with you. Be calm and listen to me." And I did. And he spoke with me the entire (6 hour) flight. And I learned a LOT.

So, now when I get on a plane I don't even "go there." I mean, once I make the decision to actually get in, sit down, and buckle up, the only thing left for ME... is to shush up (oh, be quiet dear OTWO - LOL!)... and listen. Truly.

I do still have the martini before, but now I do it because I rather like having the excuse to sit in the airport bar (vs. the seating "pen" outside the gate) and have a double martini.

You could try this... listening. Who knows what the Spirit will say to YOU? Hopefully, it is something like:

"Come! Take life's water FREE!"

... what all goes with that... and you HEAR it... clearly... and do so!

Again, peace to you... and thanks for allowing me to share this on your thread!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• looloo
    looloo

thankyou everyone , very helpful x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit