Who Today Teaches The Bible?

by wannabe 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

Who Today Teaches The Bible?

The Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses will tell us that, they taday, have been appointed over the house of Jehovah God to dispense the food at the proper time for all of the other members of God's household. They will tell us that they contain within their ranks the anointed Brothers of the Christ. That they are God's Organization on earth today. That only they are Spirit directed, and you cannot learn the Bible apart from them, because they are the only ones who understand it. To everyone else the Bible is a sealed Book; and if we do not join forces with them, we will never learn the Bible, nor will we receive any protection at Armageddon. They claim that their Watchtower Magazine is Jehovah's principle teaching instrument, and we should listen to them as though we were listening to the voice of God. They are, according to them, the Faithful Slave of the Parable in Matthew 24:45 appointed to dispense the spiritual food at the proper time.

Understandably some may be thinking: "My that's a great height to raise yourself to." Others could possibly be thinking, "All of those positions really belong only to the Christ to hold." Anyone perhaps thinking that, would be correct. They do belong for only the Christ to hold. Why would anyone in their right mind do a thing like that? Perhaps a false Prophet couldn't be said to be in his, or their right minds, might be the answer to that.

What about the early Apostles of Christ? Would we ever find any of them taking the stand the Governing Body takes? Of course the answer to that, has to be No, we would not!

Did any of the early Apostles make claim to being appointed over God's House? Surely, if anyone could have made such a claim they could. The question is, did they? Are we to understand they did not supply the spiritual food in their day? That's exactly correct! They did not! Well then, who did? Someone had to! Someone did! Just who was that? It was none of them, though.

If anyone could make such claims as the Governing Body does, surely the Twelve Apostles could have. Their Twelve names were inscribed in the Heavens. Just whom could be loftier than that? {Luke 10:20} Did that fact go to their heads, so that they would exalt themselves heaven high, as does the Governing Body? Not from what I read about their recorded activity. From what source did all of their spiritual food at the right time come from? Lets let one who really was an anointed Brother of Christ tell us. I feel it safe to say, one of them would know for certain, just what source that was, wouldn't you think?

According to Matthew, one of the true anointed class, the Christ was their one teacher and one leader, and none of them, according to this one leader, were to take the positions of the one leader and the one teacher. They were all merely equal Brothers and Sisters. As the ONE leader and ONE teacher, what other position would that of necessity have put the Christ in?

"But none of you should be called a teacher. You have only one teacher, and all of you are like brothers and sisters. 9Don't call anyone on earth your father. All of you have the same Father in heaven. 10 None of you should be called the leader. The Messiah is your only leader. Matthew 23:8-10 CEV}

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence."{Colossians 1:18 ASV}

We have the Christ put in the preeminent position, by one of the true anointed class; but preeminent position over what?

"If I am detained, you may know how people ought to conduct themselves in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and stay (the prop and support) of the Truth."{1 Timothy 3:15 AB}

From this, thus far, we see that Jesus is the appointed head of God's Household, responsible for leading and teaching all of the members of God's household, as head of the Body. He was the one leader and one teacher, in the first Century. Has that all suddenly changed? Has it all now been handed over to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses? Just because they tell us it has? So that now, it is they that supply the spiritual food at the proper time? Now it is they, that are appointed over God's Household? Paul shows us that, that, can never change! What was in the first Century, is now today. Impossible to change!

8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."{Hebrews 13:8 HCSB}

I'm thinking the way things are shaping up here, the Governing Body needs to look for a new hobby.

Was anyone to look up this word Preeminence, they will most likely come up with the same definition I did; for it means: "Above all others." So, like it or not, Jesus is the only source of our spiritual food today. But what is the true point of origin for all this Spiritual food we need now today so necessary for gaining everlasting life? John's Revelation will reveal that to us, for note his words, as delivered to him by the Christ, who had received it from his Father:

6"The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."{Revelation 22:6 NIV}

Notice! This particular Angel Jehovah has sent has servants, he's showing these messages to. In this case the Apostle John. What does John do with these messages? Take note too, this Angel; Jehovah has sent would have to be the Christ in Angelic form. Note what John does with these messages:

1"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ." {Revelation 1:1,2 NIV}

We see the Chain of Command here! Jehovah passes these messages to his Son, who in turn sends his Angel to John, who now has the work of testifying to Jehovah's word and the testimony of Jesus. You'll notice though, it isn't John as one of the true anointed class who supplies this spiritual food, nor did any of the early Apostles make the same claims as the Governing Body claim. Notice too, Jehovah doesn't directly pass this food on to John, it comes to him by means of the Christ, who himself imparts this food to John.

John also at John 15:15 shows it was Jesus supplies this spiritual food with his words: "Everything that I have heard from my Father, I have made known to you."

John is merely a member, or Citizen, of God's Household, dependent on the head of the house for his spiritual feeding. The head of the house of course receiving the food, from the builder of the house, Jehovah God. Does it not make sense, that the spiritual food would be supplied by the appointed head of God's Household? Certainly it is God's Household, Paul makes that very clear:

15 "If I am detained, you may know how people ought to conduct themselves in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and stay (the prop and support) of the Truth."{1 Timothy 3:15 AB}

19 "So then ye are no more strangers and sojourners, but ye are fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,"{Ephesians 2:19 ASV}

20 "For our citizenship is in heaven; whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:" {Phillippians 3:20 ASV}

We can see here, these mentioned as Saints, were titled Citizens, with the hope of the Heavenly High Calling of God, who themselves made up the household of God, were all dependent on the head of the household to supply them their spiritual food at the proper time. At that time, none of them could supply it, because the builder of that house did not supply it to them individually or collectively. Naturally if that was true during their time period, it's as equally true now. Only the one leader or one teacher, the head of the Christian Congregation would be the only one who could supply that spritial food, then, and now, and forever. That is a position held only by the Christ, and no man should ever dare to infringe on his preeminent position; by making claim that it is they supply the food at the proper time.

There can only be, one Teacher! One Leader! One Head of the Christian Congregation. That is the one appointed by Jehovah to hold those preeminent positions. That certainly is not the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society!

As Paul will now show us:

"Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. 2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him just as Moses was faithful in all God's house. 3Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4 For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 5 Moses was faithful as a servant in all God's house, testifying to what would be said in the future. 6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast."{Hebrews 3:1-6 NIV}

That's pretty clear, is it not? It was the Christ who was appointed over God's house, no doubt there, is there? Look though at the position taken by one of the true anounted class in the first Century. Did he take the position as the one appointed over God's house as does the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society? Paul said, all together they all constituted the House itself, but not the ones appointed over it. Being appointed over that house makes the Christ the Faithful Slave of the parable in Matthew 24:45, because the head of the household would be responsible for measuring out the food at the appointed time for it. So the Governing Body are terrible liars misleading all their flocks into believing a lie, and not just one lie but many lies as I pointed out at the outset of this writing.

One other very outstanding lie is their idea, or teaching, that Christ was invisibly present in the year 1914. Let me point out something that will blow you away. What if I were to tell you that the Christ has been invisibly present ever since his ascension in the first Century? You would think I'd totally lost it wouldn't you? Well! Go ahead! Think that! Because that's exactly what I'm telling you, and I can scripturally prove it.

Let me ask a question first! What would it take for the Christ to receive his Crown as King? One thing would be the following wouldn't it?

4 "I have glorified Thee on the earth; I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do." {John 17:4 21st CKJV}

Obviously Jesus did that, didn't he? By doing that, what else would he do, or rather, what could he now say?

33 "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I

have conquered the world." {John 16:33 HCSB¨¨

{John 16:33 HCSB¨¨

He'd finished all the work his Father had given him to do, didn't he? He could now say: "I have conquered the World."

What actually did it take to gain the Crown as King? Wasn't it to conquer the World? To come off victorious, and accomplish all he'd been give to do? He'd done that, didn't he? He did it all!

He'd proven faithful even to death, and look what Jehovah tells us about that:

10 "Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful even unto death, and I will give you the crown of life." Revelation 2:10 ESV}

Jesus holding integrity to his Father right down to his cruel death, being fully put to the test had won him the crown of life; he'd conquered the World, and what prize for the conquerers? Jesus will explain that:

21" The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne."{Revelation 3:21 ESV}

When you're seated on a Throne, you're a crowned king, and Jesus sat down on his Fathers Throne with his Father, immediately upon his ascension to his Fathers right hand in the first Century.

Just prior to his ascension he had told his eleven Apostles: "All Authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." He was telling them that, that authority was already his. In what capacity was Jesus to exercise that authority? It was as a crowned king wasn't it? The Apostle Paul shows us the lofty position the Christ has held from the first Century until now, and there isn't any earthly ruler, King, Queen, who is now, or ever was, or ever will be, that can even come close to matching his dignity or splendor in the office he now holds. Matthew 28:18

18 "the having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church," {Ephesians 1:18-22 ESV}

Note the point where we're told he's seated at his Fathers right hand. Important to remember that point. Also, now the Christ is Above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and above every name that is named, in this age or the coming age. You would think that would be sufficient but there's more to come even yet.

5 "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death,) even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth," {Philippians 2:5-10 ESV}

Notice the Supreme being has bestowed upon his Son a name, that is far superior to any name you can name on this earth, and every knee regardless of who it is, King Queen, Lord, Lady, you name it should bow to the one Jehovah has highly exalted.

Why if he's already crowned as king is he taking so long in coming? Of course as you might expect there's very good reason for that, as the Psalmist will show:

The LORD {JEHOVAH} says to my Lord: {JESUS} "Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool."2The LORD sends forth from Zion your mighty scepter.Rule in the midst of your enemies!{Psalm 110:1,2 CEV}

Even though crowned as King of God's Kingdom, the Christ was still subject to his Father, Jehovah, and he had to remain seated until the exact day and hour for divine intervention to take place. No 0ne knew the day or hour for that, but when it does arrive the Christ will stand up as an active ruling King. Then Armageddon will occur.

So, who today can teach us the Bible to any benefit to ourselves? There's only one Leader and one Teacher, so we know where to go to learn the Bible. Do we not?To the one who has been invisibly present since the first Century. Equipped with the Holy Spirit to do that teaching! Wannabe

• Chalam
    Chalam

wannabe Notice the Supreme being has bestowed upon his Son a name, that is far superior to any name you can name on this earth

Isn't "Jehovah" a name you can name on this earth?

Blessings,

Stephen

• Terry
    Terry

I don't know which is worse: teaching the Bible or not teaching the Bible.

If Christianity could admit to the actual condition of the bible......

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So, who today can teach us the Bible to any benefit to ourselves?

This is, of course, the trap. The notion that we need someone more intelligent or guided by holy spirit than our lowly selves to show us what the Bible really teaches.

How do you know that the Quran isn't the 'truth'? Easy. You weren't born in the Middle East.

There is no more proof that the Quran is the word of God than there is that the Bible is the word of God..... or the book of Mormon...... or the Bagdad Guitar....

The truth is that the Watchtower leadership doesn't have any more insight to 'Truth' than any other group, Christian or non-Christian. Charlie Manson, David Koresh, Joseph's Myth and Jughead Rutherford didn't have anything better than the towelheads and acid heads had to offer. They just had their own versions of loopy to offer..... and they all made converts.

Don't look for someone to 'teach' you what the Bible says.

Get yourself a good translation of the Bible, Quran, Bagdad guitar, Timothy Leary, whatever and read it using the rules of grammar of the language it is translated into. If it doesn't make sense, it is not because you are stupid and you need someone to pervert the grammar to make it sort of almost make sense to you. Read it for what it is, and don't let the loopies convince you it says something else, or that it is from a source other than the mind of the author.

Read the Bible like you are the first person to ever find a copy. (I stole that from Elsewhere

Cheers

Chris

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You make a good point that the GB raise themselves above the level that the Apostles presented themselves. They wrote about the importance of Jesus, where the GB direct constant attention to themselves as the guides.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

Terry,

I enjoyed your comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit